I buying an early 80's EBMM stingray. It has 2 Humbuckers; Bridge pup, a standard MM stock and the neck pup, a Kent Armstrong ceramic.

It has a 3-way pick-up selector, 3 band active EQ and a single volume pot.

From the title, you may have guessed i want too add an S/P switch. Its already an amazing bass, but i want this too be the only thing i need. I'm eventually going too fit a 5-way pup selector like the standard MM, as this was a custom job before hand.

........And maybe an Aguilar preamp

Just a few questions really.

1) Can i just replace the volume pot with a push/pull pot?
2) If yes, what pot would be the one too buy?
3) Is it just as easy and replacing the volume pot? Or will i have too re-wire the pups?
4) Anything else i'll need too know if im going too do this. Like if it'll work.

Thanks in advanced.
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Last edited by pandathe3 at Feb 12, 2009,
Your bass is active isnt it, You cant switch the the volume pot out you will have ot add in a switch, and rewire the pickups through it.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
If you want the 5-way coil selector, you will need to rewire the pickups, as you would for a Series / Parallel switch.

I think you might be better off finding a replacement pre-amp (like you want anyway) with push/pull volume and S/P switching. I don't know one off the top of my head, but try John East and Mike Pope, as both make very comprehensive preamps. Also worth checking out are Audere.
Thank you very much.
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->