Page 1 of 3
Campbell Co., VA - A Campbell County community is struggling with the death of an 11-year-old boy. The sheriff's office says a 13-year-old shot the boy Tuesday afternoon with a hunting rifle. The teen is now at the Lynchburg Juvenile Detention Center charged with felony involuntary manslaughter. Just after noon, one gun shot claimed the life of a young boy and shattered the calm of this Gilliam Road community. Amanda Collins, Victim's Neighbor - "I was very shocked. Actually, I rode up the road when I heard about it, and we saw him, my grandmother and I, laying on the side of the road." Investigators say the boys were returning from a hunting trip. They say the shooting was not an accident, but they're still not sure it was intentional. Capt. Lt. Guthrie, Campbell County Sheriff's Office - "The gun was handled in a manner that was not appropriate, which caused this." Investigators say a 13-year-old boy pointed the gun in the direction of the 11-year-old, and pulled the trigger. They say he thought the gun was empty, but it had been fired earlier in the day. Guthrie - "People get too relaxed when handling firearms, and unfortunately you have to be cautious with them at all times." Both deputies and neighbors say there was no animosity between the two boys. They say for this whole community this shooting is nothing less than a tragedy. Kathy Collins, Neighbor - "It's something they'll carry with them the rest of their life." It’s a neighborhood one child quieter. Amanda Collins - "He would ride his bike a lot. Play with the dogs out in the yard and stuff. He went to school everyday. Seemed like a nice little kid." Investigators tell us another 13-year-old boy witnessed the shooting. They're not releasing any names. They point out; the teen holding the rifle has taken a hunter's safety course.

Tragic.

So what does the pit think will happen to the Shooter?
"The gun was handled in a manner that was not appropriate, which caused this."

No **** sherlock...
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by rockinlespaul
So it was not necessarily intentional, but definitely not accidental....hmm.

Smart money says they were just messing around and he was pretending to shoot his friend, but didn't know the gun was still loaded.
Who would let a couple of kids handle guns? It was the parents' fault, if anyone's. The 13 year old is an idiot, but even so...
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
^

Please change your terrible signature
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
Quote by Trickycindy
^

+1.
Quote by Trickycindy
^

Rather Not.
Quote by Filter
Rather Not.

Why Not, Mate?
Virginia.... *shock*

butt wee ned ta giv everiwon guns!

It's the parents fault. Who lets children play with lethal weapons unsupervised?
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Quote by dreamtheater91
Virginia.... *shock*

It's the parents fault. Who lets children play with lethal weapons unsupervised?

The parents haven't given a statement yet.. Weird
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
"The gun was handled in a manner that was not appropriate, which caused this."

No **** sherlock...

sigg'd

anyway, what was an 11-year old doing with a gun in the first place?
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Who the hell lets their kid go out these days without packing heat? No eleven year old should be out without protection, this is disgusting.
RULE BRITANNIA
" They point out; the teen holding the rifle has taken a hunter's safety course. "

OMG! JUSTICE!

Thats stupid. shouldn't he have had a hunters safety course BEFORE hunting. and even then, its commone sense to not point a gun at someone. Loaded or not!
Let's play how to spot Southern states!

Campbell Co., VA - A Campbell County community is struggling with the death of an 11-year-old boy. The sheriff's office says a 13-year-old shot the boy Tuesday afternoon with a hunting rifle. The teen is now at the Lynchburg Juvenile Detention Center charged with felony involuntary manslaughter. Just after noon, one gun shot claimed the life of a young boy and shattered the calm of this Gilliam Road community. Amanda Collins, Victim's Neighbor - "I was very shocked. Actually, I rode up the road when I heard about it, and we saw him, my grandmother and I, laying on the side of the road." Investigators say the boys were returning from a hunting trip. They say the shooting was not an accident, but they're still not sure it was intentional. Capt. Lt. Guthrie, Campbell County Sheriff's Office - "The gun was handled in a manner that was not appropriate, which caused this." Investigators say a 13-year-old boy pointed the gun in the direction of the 11-year-old, and pulled the trigger. They say he thought the gun was empty, but it had been fired earlier in the day. Guthrie - "People get too relaxed when handling firearms, and unfortunately you have to be cautious with them at all times." Both deputies and neighbors say there was no animosity between the two boys. They say for this whole community this shooting is nothing less than a tragedy. Kathy Collins, Neighbor - "It's something they'll carry with them the rest of their life." It’s a neighborhood one child quieter. Amanda Collins - "He would ride his bike a lot. Play with the dogs out in the yard and stuff. He went to school everyday. Seemed like a nice little kid." Investigators tell us another 13-year-old boy witnessed the shooting. They're not releasing any names. They point out; the teen holding the rifle has taken a hunter's safety course.
Quote by theotherguy7145
" They point out; the teen holding the rifle has taken a hunter's safety course. "

OMG! JUSTICE!

Thats stupid. shouldn't he have had a hunters safety course BEFORE hunting. and even then, its commone sense to not point a gun at someone. Loaded or not!

They are saying he took a course before the shooting. I can see how you got confused though.
Quote by Kwonnie
Not accidental but not intentional? What kinda bs is that?

The gun didn't go off accidently, and he didn't intentionally want to shoot the kid. He was cocking about with what he thought was an empty rifle.
Quote by KwikKopy
Smart money says they were just messing around and he was pretending to shoot his friend, but didn't know the gun was still loaded.

+1

And the adults who were supposed to be supervising should be charged with negligence.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Where the **** were the parents!?
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Honestly this is just stupidity.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
I feel bad for the deceased. The other kid should be dealt Roman justice. Though, this is how I feel about all murderers.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Blame the parents. Why in Satan's name would you let a 13 year old have a gun and go hunting?

Every couple of years around here you hear about some bloody idiot shooting his friend after, immediatly before, or during a hunting trip.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by p o e

Every couple of years around here you hear about some bloody idiot shooting his friend after, immediatly before, or during a hunting trip.

yeah, it is kinda traditional in virginia
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
I just find it bad enough how in this world a 13 year old can get his hands on a gun. If it was owned by the parents you would think they would be responsible enough to keep it locked away safely.
Quote by ninnipinni93
those americans never learn...

...says the guy with no government.

(sorry, had to say it)
Quote by KwikKopy
...says the guy with no government.

(sorry, had to say it)

hahahaha yeah im not offended its just a fact that we have had some terribly incompitent people running this country.
Quote by deluded_reality
Why the hell does a 13 year-old kid have access to a hunting rifle?

I think you can legally use a rifle when you're 12 or so, maybe younger. And since it's a larger gun and hard to conceal, you don't need a permit to carry it. You can carry a pistol without a permit if you don't hide it. Well, that's the way it is up in PA, not sure about down in the south.
Quote by dreamtheater91
Virginia.... *shock*

whats wrong with virginia
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.

"I am Jack's complete lack of suprise"
Page 1 of 3