Quote by -MintSauce-
Are they really worth it for with high-output humbuckers?

Why not just buy one and find out? You'll never find one in a shop, and opinions are just that; tone is in the ear of the beholder, as they say, and no amount of opinions from us UGers will give you the truth as to what YOUR opinion will be.

In any event, I've not tried them and have always wanted to, so maybe I shouldn't be the one to talk....
Quote by lumberjack
Why not just buy one and find out? You'll never find one in a shop, and opinions are just that; tone is in the ear of the beholder, as they say, and no amount of opinions from us UGers will give you the truth as to what YOUR opinion will be.

In any event, I've not tried them and have always wanted to, so maybe I shouldn't be the one to talk....

Haha. Yeah man, that's what I was thinking.. but they're twice the price of the alpha pots I'd buy otherwise.

Ah, **** it. I'll get some, then report back.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Are they really worth it for with high-output humbuckers?
yes, they can be.

Overwound pickups have more inductance.
The inductance in the pickup and the resistance of the pot forms a low-pass filter.
If your pickup sounds lacking in treble, use a 1 Meg pot and see if that gives you the additional high you might desire.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.