Cake
Other
SteamMaster wrote:

Toker420 wrote:
What is on that dudes face?!

its called pure awesome

Quote by Zolom
Get off my lawn ya young whippersnapper! Confounded *descends into gibberish*
Cheesecake is actually a type of tart, since it is an open-faced pie.
Last edited by KwikKopy at Feb 12, 2009,
Quote by Big Mac n Fries
The clue is in the name.

Common misconception.
Quote by KwikKopy

How? Tarts are made with pastry.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by KwikKopy
Cheese cake is a pie.

At least that's what Alton Brown told me.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by rabidguitarist

"Typically, the filling covers a crust, which may be pastry, cookie, digestive biscuit or any similar biscuit."

I still think of as a cake though, my last birthday cake was just a large cheesecake.
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
Last edited by ravioli123 at Feb 12, 2009,
Quote by rabidguitarist

So are cheesecakes...
Quote by KwikKopy
So are cheesecakes...

No they aren't...

Oh, I get it, you're from America. It's only natural that you retard the definitions of our words.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by KwikKopy
So are cheesecakes...
Cheesecake is made with a crust.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by rabidguitarist
No they aren't...

Oh, I get it, you're from America. It's only natural that you retard the definitions of our words.

Does the Oxford UK version satisfy you? Or are you going to attack my citizenship some more?

http://www.askoxford.com:80/concise_oed/cheesecake?view=uk

cheesecake
• noun 1 a rich sweet tart made with cream and soft cheese on a biscuit base. 2 informal images portraying women according to a stereotyped ideal of sexual attractiveness.
Quote by rabidguitarist
No they aren't...

wow.. harsh.. don't be an ass..
Quote by boomboosh
What the f**k is you problems?
Yes, I made an account to ask this question. Is it really that weird? No. I wanted some feedback from some proper guitar experts who knew what they were talking about. Sorry, I guess I was wrong.
Quote by KwikKopy
Does the Oxford UK version satisfy you? Or are you going to attack my citizenship some more?

http://www.askoxford.com:80/concise_oed/cheesecake?view=uk

We're both wrong.

• noun 1 a rich sweet tart made with cream and soft cheese on a biscuit base
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rabidguitarist
We're both wrong.

Well, Webster's American says cheesecake is "a dessert consisting of a creamy filling usually containing cheese baked in a pastry or pressed-crumb shell". So I could be right, if I was elitist enough to claim your country is wrong. Between US and UK, cheesecake ingredients aren't named different things, they ARE different things.
Quote by KwikKopy
Well, Webster's American says cheesecake is "a dessert consisting of a creamy filling usually containing cheese baked in a pastry or pressed-crumb shell". So I could be right, if I was elitist enough to claim your country is wrong. Between US and UK, cheesecake ingredients aren't named different things, they ARE different things.

- yes ! don't forget.. we're all hillbillies and Fornicators ..
Quote by boomboosh
Yes, I made an account to ask this question. Is it really that weird? No. I wanted some feedback from some proper guitar experts who knew what they were talking about. Sorry, I guess I was wrong.
It certainly isn't a pie, unless you're putting pastry on top of it. If you're doing that, stop it.
Quote by KwikKopy
Well, Webster's American says cheesecake is "a dessert consisting of a creamy filling usually containing cheese baked in a pastry or pressed-crumb shell". So I could be right, if I was elitist enough to claim your country is wrong.

How could my country be wrong?

English comes from England, and we took part in the colonisation of your country.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rabidguitarist
How could my country be wrong?

English comes from England, and we took part in the colonisation of your country.

He's referring to your comment about Americans retarding everything.. Which is just BS, and stereotypical on your part..
Quote by boomboosh
Quote by smb
It certainly isn't a pie, unless you're putting pastry on top of it. If you're doing that, stop it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycxKlc4aYy0
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

1.Stop bitching about UK/US. Its just pointless. You are arguing about cheesecakes.
2.Me, I classify them in their own field. Cakes are light and fluffy. Pies are crusty. If anything, I would class it as a tart. At a push.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH