I need a noise reduction pedal. I'm pretty sure I want to get the ISP Decimator, but I'm afraid that while it will get rid of the hissing/buzzing that I'm getting it will stop my guitar from feeding back when I want it to.
Try the MXR noisegate...its levels of reduction are completely customizable...

I got one from Musicians friend (they messed up and sent it for free...) and I was blown away by the quality, great little pedal -- especially if you have active pups...

-TFA
Quote by the agony scene
step on the pedal to turn it off when you want feedback?

Bingo.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
whatever you do just dont go for behringer. please.
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
I don't want to have to turn the thing off because at some angles from the amp, I know it seems weird, the hissing is almost unbearable and you can even hear it when the guitar is distorted.

Heard that MXR demoed on that video tube site and it sucked the tone outta the guy's guitar - I wouldn't fancy it myself.

Maybe it's my gear?

I'm using a Fender FM100H head and the special cab to match it. A lot of people been giving out about the distorted tone of the amp. It took me a few days of messing with the dials but I got it to sound real good now. I run a DS-2 straight into a boss v-wah, boss chorus, boss digital delay, boss flanger, marshall regenerator, and a planet waves tuner. I use both the clean and overdrive settings on the amp and the DS-2 to take the distortion even further when I need to. Will eventually be running the Effects through the amps effects loop but been kinda broke lately so I haven't gotten around to buying the extra cables just yet. I did try it that way using a friends cables though, and I still had the same problem.
also just stepping on it to turn it off would allow the audience to hear a big hiss just before I hit my distortion. If i tried to hit both at once i'd probably fall over, and nobody wants to see that.
I find when The Decimator is set properly I have full control over my feedback. Total manipulation of it's length and strength.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
I find when The Decimator is set properly I have full control over my feedback. Total manipulation of it's length and strength.

+1
according where you use it. You can plug it in the fx loop of your amp and it will kill amp hum and some feedback. It will make it manageable but you'll still get feedback. If you put it in front of the amp it will kill all your feedback. I hate feedback. I never want it. But if I did I'd just click the pedal off during that moment.
The MXR doesn't colour my tone at all. I'm pretty sure it's true bypass, too, because when I A/B'ed it in and out, I didn't notice any difference.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by abcdboy
The MXR doesn't colour my tone at all. I'm pretty sure it's true bypass, too, because when I A/B'ed it in and out, I didn't notice any difference.

Eh I've heard bad things bout the mxr but haven't tried it. I like the hush pedal the isp and the ns-2. None of those ever do anything to my tone. They all sound great and do the job.
The NS-2 definitely affects your tone when it's on. Even with all the knobs set to zero, when you click it on, you get a drop in volume.
Quote by 667
The NS-2 definitely affects your tone when it's on. Even with all the knobs set to zero, when you click it on, you get a drop in volume.

Doesn't happen with me. Nor a lot of other people I know. Although with some rigs it does seem to happen because there are a few people I've heard say that. There is no tonal different in the amps I use. There is more tonal difference with the ISP than the ns-2. With my ns-2 it sounds exactly like it does without it except no feedback.
Yeah, with my Decimator, it totally stops all noise, but if I actually want to achieve feedback, it really isn't all that hard.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by hcsn2008
Doesn't happen with me. Nor a lot of other people I know. Although with some rigs it does seem to happen because there are a few people I've heard say that. There is no tonal different in the amps I use. There is more tonal difference with the ISP than the ns-2. With my ns-2 it sounds exactly like it does without it except no feedback.

Could be.

I have both the ISP and the NS. The ISP does not affect the tone in my amp at all.
The NS is not - just a very slight volume drop - it's just that it's noticable and I'm mental when it comes to stuff like this.

It is better than the ISP in removing hiss though.
Last edited by 667 at Feb 12, 2009,