Ok guys i am buying a valveking 212 combo in a couple of days, and i am considering some pedals to go with it. just so you know, i play heavy metal (metallica, trivium, killswitch, b4mv, children of bodom, opeth etc) and i would like some cool sounding stuff for solos and clean stuff. current gear in sig.

some kind of chorus pedal (the boss one sounded great but i have no idea if there are better ones for the price).
some kind of wah (dunlop wahs are supposedly great, just wondering if anyone has any other recommendations).
bad monkey overdrive (basically to up the heaviness).
boss chromatic tuner

any others you guys would recommend?
Last edited by Random3 at Feb 12, 2009,
Quote by Random3
Ok guys i am buying a valveking 212 combo in a couple of days, and i am considering some pedals to go with it. just so you know, i play heavy metal (metallica, trivium, killswitch, b4mv, children of bodom, opeth etc) and i would like some cool sounding stuff for solos and clean stuff. current gear in sig.

some kind of chorus pedal (the boss one sounded great but i have no idea if there are better ones for the price).
some kind of wah (dunlop wahs are supposedly great, just wondering if anyone has any other recommendations).
bad monkey overdrive (basically to up the heaviness).

any others you guys would recommend?

Vox Wah.
If you're a hot chick you've probably got a good chance with the lead singer or guitar player, If you're a little bit overweight, you should probably go for the drummer. If you're a dude, go for the bass player
i like the Digitech RP range, it has alot of abilities
Gear:

Jackson RR-3 Eerie Desert Swirl
Alden Warlord Guitar+Bass
Encore Strat
KTone Alpine White 6/12 Double Neck SG
Digitech RP500
Kustom Amp KGA16R

And A Bunch Of Other Stuff
I know for definate that Killswitch and Trivium use Maxon pedals, the Maxon OD-808 overdrive pedal particularly. Most of those band will have an overdrive pedal in their rig to tighten up the distortion and bottom end
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
With the Valveking, DEFINITELY get the Bad Monkey (Digitech) Overdrive, then a Danelectro DJ14 EQ - those are pretty much must haves if your getting a VK (check out the VK thread)
I use an acoustic simulator for acoustic bits, like in Holy Wars its the AC-2 by boss.
Love is my religion
learn to play and then get pedals.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
chorus - what are you looking for in a chorus...control? easy-to-use? analog/digital?

wah - a dunlop crybaby would be good for the bands you listed, as the vox wah is a much better clean wah, although not as good a dirty wah. heck, or go for an RMC (Teese) wah if you have the money.

OD - much better can be found.

and yeah, total actual budget?
Quote by Random3
...i can play was that supposed to be some kind of insult?

No but too many people put too much emphasis on effects and not enough on playing. You should keep a good balance.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
iw ould say check out the small clone intead of the boss chorus. simple and great at what it does. as for the wah pedal, go try a whole heap out because every person has their preferences when it comes down to a wah pedal. i would also go for a differnt OD. There are heaps of threads floating around suggesting great ones. maybe a decent delay if you have the money. i have the line 6 echo park, pretty pricey but great imo.
actually, i would personally go for a different amp, really the valveking isn't worth getting unless you want to mod it and have it end up costing 800 bucks

save the money you'd use to get all of these pedals and get a better amp

the valveking would be less than satisfactory for most of those categories anyway
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by sesstreets
No but too many people put too much emphasis on effects and not enough on playing. You should keep a good balance.

hah yeah i know. the only effects i have ever used are the 4 on my MG, and i am just looking for some better ones to compliment my playing

and the total actual budget isn't really an issue as i would be gradually purchasing these over a period of time, but i wouldnt really want to spend more than £60 on a pedal, £100 for a wah
Last edited by Random3 at Feb 13, 2009,
small clone for the chorus.

vox wah then mod it. very easy to do

bad monkey, ts808, or fulltone ocd.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Chorus: EHX Small Clone is damn good. There ARE better choruses out there, but they're high-priced.

Wah: I'm a big fan of the Vox 847a but I've heard good things about the Dunlop Wah as well. I suggest trying them both, and comparing.

Overdrive: If you're willing to fork out twice what you're planning on paying, I suggest a Ibanez TS9. Sounds amazing.

I'd also suggest getting a cheap delay pedal and see how much you use it, then get a better one. Or jump right into getting a good one (such as, a Line 6 DL-4? ).
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Go Here:

http://www.tonefactor.com/

I ordered the Slreddy Lunar Module for this guy and got it in 4 days (excellent fuzz pedal by the way). Great service and good selection of pedals. Would be surprised if you can't find what your looking for for your VK.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by sesstreets
learn to play and then get pedals.

you should take your own advise, your cover of Lateralus sucks

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
as for the tuner. get a korg pitchblack
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
as a fellow vk owner, get the 112 version. Get a bad monkey. Maybe even 2. I use 2 od's and it sounds way better. definitely get an EQ pedal. if youre on a budget get the danolectric fish n chips or if you can spend more money, get the mxr ten band. And lastly, a delay pedal. DL4 or boss DD-7.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by USCENDONE BENE
I know for definate that Killswitch and Trivium use Maxon pedals, the Maxon OD-808 overdrive pedal particularly. Most of those band will have an overdrive pedal in their rig to tighten up the distortion and bottom end

yeah but those are really expensive. i depends on your price range
i suggest the ibanez tubescreamer
EHX Small Stone and Metal Muff. Yeah I know its a dist. pedal, but oh well.

if not then TS9 all the way.

Wah, I'd say Dunlop of some sort....
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Tyler Durden
you should take your own advise, your cover of Lateralus sucks

Burned...LOL
Quote by sesstreets

I couldn't care less if a guitarist plays a great part with nice phrasing or good use of pedals. The process is not as important as the product. Also, I heard you suck.