Okay here's the deal. I bought a small clone about 2 months ago, and i started having problems with it. I bought it used, and without an adaptor. So i used my one spot 3.5 mm adaptor and everything worked fine, until one day i got horrible volume swells. Pretty much whats happening when i turn on the amp is the volume is normal. Then a little in to playing it randomly doubles in volume and has horrible tone. So i found out it was a - + pedal, not a + - . So i bought the electro harmonix adaptor, and everything seemed good. Until recently it started doing the same thing, now it does it all the time. I really love my small clone and would like to fix it, please help?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

When I was looking at chorus and reverb pedal recently during my research I found alot of issues with EH pedals. Its why I went with a different company.
If you got the polarity wrong (the +/- thing) then it can really muck up your pedals.

I done it with my battery powered orange amp. The polarity was wrong, I started to smell burning, looked at my amp and no joke there was smoke coming from it. I immediately tuned it off and left it for a day. Its fine now, i was lucky.

So yeh you might have mucked it up but I dunno. I got a small clone like 5 days ago, works perfectly so far.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
well i had the polarity wrong for awhile, but i got the right power cord now, so it should work but it still messes up. :[

Is there a battery still in there? Right now I only use a battery in my Small Clone, but I know when I used the Metal Muff if I left the battery in there and it was dead, even with the adapter I would get fluctuating volume.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
No, no battery is in it.

RUnning the wrong polarity can definitely mess it up, I'd say theres a good chance the pedal is finished.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
How did you use the one spot in it? Did you buy the one spot converter for this pedal?
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Feb 12, 2009,
no, i just used the one spot adaptor to power it

Quote by gtr_101
no, i just used the one spot adaptor to power it

I don't see how you did this...the one spot adapter shouldn't even fit in the hole I have the Small Clone and it takes a special adapter that sizes the plug down and reverses the polarity. If somehow you got the one spot to plug in...I guarantee thats what cooked your pedal.
visual sound 9v > 9v to 3.5 mm convertor > pedal

Quote by gtr_101
visual sound 9v > 9v to 3.5 mm convertor > pedal

that clears things up a bit. what other pedals are you using with the SAME one spot adapter?
well the one spot is not the problem now, because i have the EH adapter.