Ok im ew to uploading your own music. I would really liek to know how to upload my music.
I need it in mp3 format.
How would i get it on my computer.
What equipment do i need.
Links would help.
I can tell you what I do.

My laptop has a microphone port, which also doubles as a "line in". As far as I know, all computers with a microphone port can do this. Check your sound card.

You'll need an adapter like this:

This will plug into the output of your amp/petal.

And a cable like this (3.5mm male/male extension cable):

Buy one that's as long as you need.
This will plug into the above adapter (already in your amp), which will then plug into your computer's appropriate sound card port.

Download a program called Audacity. Any recording program will work, but Audacity is what I use.

Once everything's hooked up, select the "line in" under Audacity's recording settings.

Click the record button, and start playing!
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by yellowsnow4free at Feb 12, 2009,
well you can do that, but on my laptop that sounds like crap (but I do have a **** laptop tbh)
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Sonic Blast
Audacity is great. It's very good for all sorts of music editing and the like.

GoldWave works well too, I heard
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
please read the stickies in the riffs and recordings forum. that should give you some basic ideas, then you can decide what questions you want to ask instead of these uber-vague things you have now.