ok, i just ordered a new peavey valveking head

ive been playing on a line 6 spider III (yes i know lol) up until now and ive never played with an effects loop!

can someone explain the effects loop to me?

i have a WD7 wah, digitech whammy II, Boss NS2 Noisegate and a Behringer Digital delay at the moment! where do these go in the whole loop or whatever.

any help is appricicated
pictures would be useful, im a visual learner

thanks!
How is this fair.
This guy doesn't even know what an effects loop is and he has a digitech whammy.
███████████████████████████████████
I've never truely understood this either. Do you have the pedals going through the FX loop up at your pedalboard? or do they sit in a rack tray?
Quote by tona_107
How is this fair.
This guy doesn't even know what an effects loop is and he has a digitech whammy.

christmas present and as i say, ive been through solid state so it didnt really effect me
Quote by Sonic Blast
I've never truely understood this either. Do you have the pedals going through the FX loop up at your pedalboard? or do they sit in a rack tray?

well i havent got the head yet, so im not sure lol. but with my line 6 i just go amp input -> pedals -> guitar.
Quote by Sonic Blast

Put them in your pedal board and run a long cables from the pedal to the loop.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by nightraven

the effects loop is between your pre-amp and your power-amp, you might consider putting your modulation effects (delay, phaser, flanger etc) or maybe an EQ in there because they'll sound more prominent in your overall tone. you don't need to put your pedals in the loop though, you have to experiment, you could try putting your delay or maybe your whammy in the loop to see how you like it.

aweosme thanks! ive saved that picture (love the guitar btw)

makes sense to me now!
Quote by Moomar
well i havent got the head yet, so im not sure lol. but with my line 6 i just go amp input -> pedals -> guitar.

that's what I do with my stuff. but that's a lot of extra cables if you put the FX loop stuff out on your pedalboard.