Hey guys , Iv been learning all the positions of an A Minor Scale lately and iv been on All Guitar Chords that gives you a full guitar neck with all notes in that scale in its different positions all over the board

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php?scch=A&scchnam=Natural+(Pure)+Minor&get2=Get&t=0&choice=1

Thats the one

The problem is , I play in Eb and iv been learning it like that

So im wondering because im in Eb wont it mean all the notes will be different ( Like a step up )
if your learning the A minor positions on a guitar tuned to Eb, everything will be half a step down.
Eb is E flat. (down)
E# is E sharp. (up)
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
So i start my A natural Minor on the 6th fret ? ( If both me and my guitar teacher is in Eb )
Quote by Thormier
So i start my A natural Minor on the 6th fret ? ( If both me and my guitar teacher is in Eb )

it depends, are you trying to play in A natural minor?
or are you playing the shapes of A natural minor on the guitar tuned to Eb? (which would be Ab natural minor).
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Quote by musicTHEORYnerd

or are you playing the shapes of A natural minor on the guitar tuned to Eb? (which would be Ab natural minor).

This

So its all the same positions as a standard tuned guitar ?
Quote by Thormier
This

So its all the same positions as a standard tuned guitar ?

yes
all the scales and positions of A natural minor on guitar tuned to E standard are exactly the same as all the scales and positions of Ab natural minor on a guitar tuned to Eb standard.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
If you are playing A minor shapes on a guitar tuned to Eb then you will play the same shapes but actually be playing an Ab minor scale.

If you actually want to play the A minor scale on a guitar tuned to Eb then you will need to move all the notes up one fret (e.g. 9th fret becomes 10th fret)
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
So if i play the A Natural Minor on the 5th fret in Eb it becomes Ab Minor ?
Quote by Thormier
So if i play the A Natural Minor on the 5th fret in Eb it becomes Ab Minor ?

Correct.
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Quote by Thormier
Hey guys , Iv been learning all the positions of an A Minor Scale lately and iv been on All Guitar Chords that gives you a full guitar neck with all notes in that scale in its different positions all over the board

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php?scch=A&scchnam=Natural+(Pure)+Minor&get2=Get&t=0&choice=1

Thats the one

The problem is , I play in Eb and iv been learning it like that

So im wondering because im in Eb wont it mean all the notes will be different ( Like a step up )

If your tuned to Eb, and the rest of the band is in standard, then yes you would have to shift up a half step. if your all tuned down, then it won't matter.