Not sure where to post this at so i thought i come here. Mods feel free to move with this is the right place. thanks

so im looking at the strummng pattern for Radiohead's creep tab in the tab section of the website.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/r/radiohead/creep_acoustic_ver3_tab.htm

it has the strumming pattern for the song here.

just want to confirm if im understanding this correctly

V . . . V . . ^ V . v . V ^ v ^ V . . ^ V ^ v . . ^ v . V . v ^
1 . & . 2 . & . 3 . & . 4 . & . 1 . & . 2 . & . 3 . & . 4 . & .

I understand ONE and TWO AND THREE AND FOUR Strumming rhythm
this is how most songs strumming patterns are form using this method.
It also goes ONE "E" AND "A" TWO..something like that, i believe that's how radiohead's creep strumming pattern is form. Please correct me since i know im wrong some where here.

With that said, is this how the strumming pattern for this song goes,

Down, Down, Up, Down, Down, Down, Up, Down, Up, Down, Up, Down, Up, Down, UP Down Down Down UP???

Thanks in advance
ive listened to it probably 30 times. just want to confirm if my ears are hearing it correctly.
Honestly...is it really important? If the differences aren't noticeable enough for you to pick them out then maybe you should just have fun playing the song.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
spoonman? is that you?
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
If that is the strum pattern, and you read it in the format of 1 e & a 2 e & a, etc., it should vocally sound like this:

1 2 a3 & 4e&a1 a2e& e& 4 &a

Counting aloud before you ever try strumming it can help. If that gives you trouble, you could try counting in steady sixteenth notes (1 e & a 2 e & a 3 e & a 4 e & a) and strumming only on the ones listed above. A metronome could also be helpful in mastering this pattern.
^ Dafuq brah. old thread is old.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
i love how this is a hot thread, yet only has 9 posts
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.