Hey, can anyone recommend me great tube amp that is atleast 15 watts and is under £500? Preferably a combo.
Please reply!!!
bugera 333 or bugera 6262

used mesa

used peavey 5150/6505
Last edited by killthequeenftw at Feb 12, 2009,
Quote by killthequeenftw
bugera 333 or bugera 6262

used mesa

used peavey 5150/6505

Peavey 6505 = 120w
Bugera 333/6262 = 120w. I think the 112s are 60w though
And Mesas are normally high wattage too.

A 15w tube won't have that much headroom. Good or bad depending on what you play.
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Quote by darrenjables
Peavey 6505 = 120w
Bugera 333/6262 = 120w. I think the 112s are 60w though
And Mesas are normally high wattage too.

A 15w tube won't have that much headroom. Good or bad depending on what you play.

He said at LEAST 15W, which means 15Ws and up.

He hasn't told us his genres/playing style yet, so we can't give advice.
Until the TS replies to JilaX^'s question I can't see how anyone can offer an opinion.
If you're lucky you might be able to pick up a Traynor Custom Valve 20 ,40 or 50 - they're brilliant amps. Otherwise, Fender Blues Junior/hot rods, Marshall DSL, AC15CC1 etc. Definitely look in the secondhand market though, you'll get a far better amp that way.
Quote by JilaX^
He said at LEAST 15W, which means 15Ws and up.

He hasn't told us his genres/playing style yet, so we can't give advice.

Oh crap. Misread it
I'll edit this post with a few recommendations once he says his genres etc
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Quote by JilaX^
What genre do you play?

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
" and im into jimi hendrix, Muse and red hot chili peppers"
from another thread of his.

fender hot rod deville 4x12? i owned this for a bit and it had great cleans, just wasn't my style considering the type of music i like though.
look on ebay for used music man 1x12 combo, i think they are called rd50/rd65's? they usually got for about 450 to 550 usd, just find one willing to ship overseas. they either run 2 el34's or 2 6L6's depending on the model year and they accept peddles very well. it is worth at least a consideration, and with a little patience you'll find a nice music man for pretty cheap(i saw a 150 watt 212hd go for 505 usd right before christmas!) blackheart also is a good option for a fairly cheap combo.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=blackheart&st=

http://instruments.shop.ebay.com/items/Guitar-Amplifiers__music-man_W0QQ_catrefZ1QQ_dmptZMusicQ5fCDsQQ_flnZ1QQ_sacatZ38072QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em282