Okay so basically, my band is currently going to a pay-by-the-hour place, and its really hurting out wallets.

Our singer lives in a townhouse structure, and has two half stacks, a bass amp, and an acoustic drum set in his basement.

We can't play there now, because the drums cause the neighbors to make a huge fuss, so we were rolling around the idea of chipping in for an electric set if it would prevent the neighbors from complaining.

The only thing is, we aren't 100% sure that an electric set would make that much of a difference.

What do you guys think?
wrong forum ..
Quote by boomboosh
What the f**k is you problems?
Yes, I made an account to ask this question. Is it really that weird? No. I wanted some feedback from some proper guitar experts who knew what they were talking about. Sorry, I guess I was wrong.
2 stacks, a bass amp and a drumkit? How fucking rich is he?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
yeah, it can make a huge difference, just make sure you get a halfway decent one.

Quote by CTFOD
2 stacks, a bass amp and a drumkit? How fucking rich is he?

you can get all of that combined for less than $1000 if you know where to look (and get really crappy stuff)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Feb 12, 2009,
Alright thanks, and he isn't really rich... most of it was purchased used from friends or stuff that hes had for a few years.
electric drums can be turned down
SO......
Less noise = no problem
Bands to see before I die:
Again:
Machine Head
Lamb Of God
JFAC
BTBAM
TesseracT
Pendulum

For the First time:
Periphery
Texures
Monuments
Mumford & Sons
The Prodigy
Paolo Nutini

CASTODIUM!!!
myspace.com/castodium
Why don't you sound proof?
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, it can make a huge difference, just make sure you get a halfway decent one.

you can get all of that combined for less than $1000 if you know where to look (and get really crappy stuff)

He has two line 6 cabs, a peavey head, and a new hartke tube head that he bought a few days ago... idk what the bass amp is

he also has 2 telecasters, a gibson sg and les paul, a jazz bass, a p. bass, and an ibanez bass...

just stuff he's gathered up over the past few years haha
Quote by Da Squiz
Why don't you sound proof?

That's been rolled around as well, can you suggest a good method of soundproofing that wouldn't be too expensive?

I don't really know anything about soundproofing, personally.
Well I've heard that empty eggshell cartons work well. Also make sure that windows and doors are covered with like thick blankets. This is what my friend did.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
Quote by Dzx250
That's been rolled around as well, can you suggest a good method of soundproofing that wouldn't be too expensive?

I don't really know anything about soundproofing, personally.

there's a type of foam that you just wrap around the walls of the room, they usually look like this:

or this

it can't be too expensive. it's just foam.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Dzx250
The only thing is, we aren't 100% sure that an electric set would make that much of a difference.

What do you guys think?

Surely this is just common sense. As mentioned before, you can turn down an electric drum kit.

The foam soundproofing stuff won't do an awful lot, just make the acoustic of the room a lot more 'dead' because it's absorbing the reflections. It's still gonna sound pretty loud outside.

If you're just using it for rehearsal purposes, get him to spend some more of his cash on an electric kit and use one.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet

try one of these at guitar center. They're cheap (like 200 bucks) and are ideal for just practicing. The two pads are pedals to use for a hi-hat or double bass. It actually works really good
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
just buy the entry level roland or yamahas. get your singler to pitch in since hes the richest.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by shredmeiser101

try one of these at guitar center. They're cheap (like 200 bucks) and are ideal for just practicing. The two pads are pedals to use for a hi-hat or double bass. It actually works really good

these suck hard compared to full size electric kits. good electric kits are a lot of fun to play and can be better than regular drums for recording and practice as well.
Quote by fearofthemark
there's a type of foam that you just wrap around the walls of the room, they usually look like this:

it can't be too expensive. it's just foam.

That's for acoustic dampening, not soundproofing, huge difference.

Soundproofing costs a large amount of money and usually requires major renovation to do properly.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm