All across the universe, i think its called, is a musical with all Beatles songs

Also Dracula 2000 has a kick ass soundtrack
Cryptic Metaphor!

Quote by ZachisSuperCool
"How to finger the bass faster"
That's funny, I guess every high school has a really fat chick named The Bass.
Spinal Tap.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Spinal Tap
Tenacious D in: The Pick of Destiny
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Quote by RockxxStar
Quote by Greenfinger182
Spinal Tap
whats that movie about?
A fake documentary about a hair rock band's tour where everything goes wrong. Every wannabe manager's nightmare. Great fun to watch though.

My personal favorite:
Almost Famous

With a young and charming Kate Hudson and the always cute Katy Perry look-alike Zooey Deschanel. After watching that movie, everybody wants to be the teen-age nerd played by Patrick Fugit.
Yeah School of Rock was cool as was Across the Universe and I like Almost Famous too - though I didn't want to be the teenage nerd I always wanted to be the lead guitarist Billy Crudup. Almost Famous also features Anna Paquin New Zealand's own darling in Hollywood. (Her mother was my high school English teacher).

The Commitments is a pretty good movie.

The Blues Brothers (of course).

The Wall (just plain awesomeness).

Black Snake Moan was pretty good. It's a movie about how music can save your soul in which Justin Timberlake appears but he never sings a note - he's actually not a bad actor.

Documentaries I'd recommend include...
No Direction Home - Martin Scorcese on Dylan's transformation from acoustic folk to electric rock this is THE Dylan documentary. It's put together so well it's a must see far better than the more recent I'm Not There movie about Dylan's life (but that's not bad itself).

I've heard Scorcese teamed up with a bunch of directors and did a whole series on the Blues. I really want to see this.

Jimi Hendrix - that's the only title it seems to have.

Concert Movies...

I like the MTV Unplugged shows - particular standouts were Clapton and Nirvana.

Led Zeppelin has a 2disc DVD Live at the Royal Albert Hall - 1970 on one DVD and selections from concerts between 1972 and 1979 with some extras on the other DVD.

Any Pink Floyd Live Concert is worth watching.
Si
I liked Metal: A Headbanger's Journey.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
If you're high you could try and watch The Wall.
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Imagine (documentary)

Help! was pretty good.

Woodstock (documentary)

Monterey Pop (documentary)

EDIT: I think The Doors had a movie too??? I just remember something about them taking peyote in a desert.
Spinal Tap is a classic. Or you could watch Heavy Metal, an animated movie that has a kickass soundtrack.
Proud owner of a Les Paul
Quote by guitarAce372
Imagine (documentary)

Help! was pretty good.

Woodstock (documentary)

Monterey Pop (documentary)

EDIT: I think The Doors had a movie too??? I just remember something about them taking peyote in a desert.
Yeah, they did, it starred Val Kilmer. 'Twas only alright. I enjoyed it, but it could have been better.

You guys should also mention The Ruttles, if you're a fan of Spinal Tap and those kinds of movies.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Last edited by Just Andrew at Feb 12, 2009,
Control
24-Hour Party People
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Airheads
This Is Spinal Tap
Detroit Rock City
Little Nicky (more of a Satan movie, but Metal and Satan go together)
LOYAL?
HARD WORKING?
FULLY EXPENDABLE?

THE EMPIRE NEEDS YOU!
IT'S NOT ABOUT PAY, IT'S ABOUT CRUSHING THE REBELLION