I'm in the market for a new car and have been considering going green with a Prius. But I have a Marshall half-stack that I will need to transport for shows and whatnot.

Does anyone know if it will fit? Anybody using a Prius to tote their music gear around?

Thanks
I'd imagine the cab will, not sure about the amp though. Find out the dimensions of both the trunk and the cab.

EDIT: I'd imagine putting the amp in the backseat (or front seat) wouldn't be out of the question I hope.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
i would imagine. I used to drive a my camaro to band practice and i had to bring two 212s two, sometimes even three guitars myself and another guitar player.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
My only advice would be don't get a Prius if 'green' interests you.

They're more economically damaging in the long run than a Range Rover Sport because of the production of the batteries, and they're not particularly economical anyway.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot

They're more economically damaging in the long run than a Range Rover Sport because of the production of the batteries, and they're not particularly economical anyway.

this
I own a Gibson SG Standard
And I am officialy recognized as an SG commando

Gibson 2009 SG Standard --> Peavey Classic 50 2x12

RIP Lester William Polsfuss aka Les Paul 1915-2009
RIP Stephen Ray Vaughan aka SRV 1954-1990
Just get a hummer....

Sorry,I felt like being useless for a change...and I'm grumpy. But yea, find the dimensions for your trunk, and then the dimensions of the cab.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
just take one for a test spin and take it to your place and see if it fits
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
you could find a small SUV or station wagon
I hope your not in a metal band, a prius, won't be too good for that
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
weird. i thought they were supposed to be really environmental-friendly. i'll have to look into that more.

if nothing else though, it should save on gas.

I've tried looking up specs on Toyota's website about the space dimensions that I would have to work with, but all they seem to show is a volumetric "luggage capacity" - which doesn't tell me the whole story. I was just hoping there'd be some people who could actually confirm fitting their 4x12 (1960a in my case) into the back of their Prius with the head and a guitar in a hard case.

Thanks for all your help everybody.
get a real vehicle with some power
global warming is a sham anyways

jk dude get what you like, hope it fits
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
*prius drives by* gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay *prius idles* homo homo homo homo homo
i thnik you get the idea
Quote by sixtwofive
weird. i thought they were supposed to be really environmental-friendly. i'll have to look into that more.

I've tried looking up specs on Toyota's website about the space dimensions that I would have to work with, but all they seem to show is a volumetric "luggage capacity" - which doesn't tell me the whole story. I was just hoping there'd be some people who could actually confirm fitting their 4x12 (1960a in my case) into the back of their Prius with the head and a guitar in a hard case.

Thanks for all your help everybody.
That's 'cos that's the image of the Prius. But when you consider how the hybrid system is made...:

1) Lithium mined from Chile
2) Lithium and other compounds shipped to Japan
3) Lithium made into a 'foamy material'
4) Foamy material shipped abroad
5) Foamy material made into batteries
6) Batteries shipped to Toyota
7) Systems for the battery made and shipped to toyota
8) Car is made

All the shipping from the battery production actually means that the Prius has MORE Carbon emissions in its useful lifetime than a Range Rover Sport does in its own.

Though it might save you a bit on gas you can get something more economical and more environmentally friendly for cheaper, and which is better in every way really..

This may be a bit off topic for the forum and everything but it's helping the TS so I hope it's not too bad
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by sixtwofive

Another thing that isn't often talked about is the lifespan of those batteries and what must be done when they wear out. As with all rechargeable batteries, Prius batteries have a limited lifespan. It is substantial (probably well over the ten years that Toyota warranties the batteries for), but it is still limited. After they wear out, replacement costs are prohibitive, so they must be thrown away. They can be recycled, but they still produce some toxins that must be contained. It's a real pain.

To save gas, I'd recommend going with a small car such as a Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris. Even something like a Civic is pretty good with gas, and they have less impact in the long run.
All of these arguments make sense....it really makes you wonder how "green" we can possibly get without compromising what we want.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
The greenest way is to ride a bike made entirely of wood.

TS, buy an american car like a cobalt or a G6, should be enough room. Whoever mentioned taking it by your house first to test fit the cab is right on as well. I know lots of guys who buy trucks (I'm in construction) and test to see if stuff will fit in the bed. A standard tower scaffold will not fit in the bed of extended cab dodge rams (with or without bed liner) without removing the wheels from the scaffold. (which is a pain)
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
you need a full-sized van for your band... wtf are you doing in a band thinking about buying a prius lol... no im joking its your car buy whatever you want. but fer real get a band van and then you wont have a problem :P
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build
You should get a van or something and convert it to veggie oil. That's going to be far more efficient than any other option, imo. There's also plenty of room for amps and band members and maybe a couch or something. I've always wanted a van with a couch...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
You should get a van or something and convert it to veggie oil. That's going to be far more efficient than any other option, imo. There's also plenty of room for amps and band members and maybe a couch or something. I've always wanted a van with a couch...

shag upholstery with neon lights on the inside as well.
Get one of the new Honda hybrids... they actually are 'green' and are practical. Amp would fit. If you're loaded, get a hydrogen Honda, thats as green as you can get really
Quote by MrCarrot

Thanks man, that makes perfect sense... not
economical isn't a word, and you just had to bring it up didn't you. you just had to make this an issue about hybrids vs. regular cars thus making it about oil and thus climate change. thanks
Quote by dougl126
economical isn't a word, and you just had to bring it up didn't you. you just had to make this an issue about hybrids vs. regular cars thus making it about oil and thus climate change. thanks

Sinse when did economical leave the dictionary?
Quote by dougl126

*cough cough*

uh he only made a point... YOU sir made it an issue.
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build
I think you'll manage, i fit mine in an old Clio with ease
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A