I've just uploaded a few of my recordings, I invite anyone to check them out and offer an opinion or critique concerning the playing or the recording quality.

There are a couple of extreme metal songs from my old band, some instrumental rock / metal, and some laid back stuff too.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Metalhead_28/

I'd be happy to critique anything in return.

Thanks
Hey dude thanks for the crit on my song. I just listened to "Caddywompus" (I thought it had a cool name haha) and that was chill as hell, with a little wierdness thrown in which I enjoyed. It kinda reminded me of "Impulse" by An Endless Sporadic, sometimes anyway.
yyz sounded really sweet. good back track. you really nailed rush's tone!
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

Hey man, thanks for checking out my track.

You have some great stuff on here, and a nice range of styles too. Everything I listened to was really well played and written, it all sounded very professional. Your lead playing is excellent, and the recording quality is exceptional. Good to have you here @ UG man!
I listened to 'Virus of Faith', personally I don't like this specific sub-genre of metal but it sounds better than a lot of bands I've heard where the mix is just all ****ed up and nothing is clear.

My only complaint is the snare drum might be too loud, otherwise a great song.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Thanks for the crits on my song.
I'm listening to Kaylee's Song. I like the backing stuff alot and the lead track is nice. Did you use a harmonizer for some parts? Reminds me a little of Always With Me Always With You, in terms of style - upbeat instrumental stuff! Overall very nice playing but it'd be cool if your tone was more "vocal". Perhaps a wah pedal or something would have been cool for the solo?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
Thanks for the crits on my song.
I'm listening to Kaylee's Song. I like the backing stuff alot and the lead track is nice. Did you use a harmonizer for some parts? Reminds me a little of Always With Me Always With You, in terms of style - upbeat instrumental stuff! Overall very nice playing but it'd be cool if your tone was more "vocal". Perhaps a wah pedal or something would have been cool for the solo?

Thanks. I didn't use a harmonizer, I just overdubbed a few parts here and there.
The drums I programmed using "Drumkit From Hell" and the bass I recorded DI using a Sansamp. All the guitars were done through a Behringer V-amp, which in retrospect wasn't a great choice...haha. When I listen back to that song now, the tone and the playing at times sounds kind of lifeless, so I know what you mean. I'm going to have to re-record that song one of these days with a little more soul and some better tones.

Thanks everybody for listening.
Holy ****! Tortured Confession is one of the tightest metal songs I've heard on UG. Killer precision and aggression. Good quality recording too. Everything sounds hot enough but not over-compressed. Caddywompus sounds kinda wicked and groovy with the slightly dissonant sound and the funky bass and drums. I'll have to check out more of your stuff later.
thanks for listening to my song ^^
Your songs are awesome :0
Tortured Confession & Virus of faith are my favourites.... drums and guitar are tight as hell.
Nice one