well, today i had a concert at school, I had just done my solo for my GCSE exam (knights of cydonia) and i was about to go and play the ensemble peice and...my bass dropped. i'm not sure how it happened but it fell, and the headstock has split from the neck. the point of the thread, i'm pretty sure it is not repairable, but how much would i have to pay to get it playable? would it mean a new neck? im not sure if it is covered by the waranty.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
What kind of bass is it? If it's a Fender, you're better off just buying a new neck than fixing it, since you can buy a nice American neck for less than it would cost to get fixed. You can fix them, depending on the break, but it'll cost a lot more than the bass is worth (unless you have a vintage Ric or something). Pics/details?

edit: checked your profile. You're definitely gonna pay way more than that bass is worth to fix it. You're better off saving the body/electronics for a future project and just getting a new bass.

edit2: for those of you who don't know, he has a Rockbass Vampyre. The electronics look sick, so you should just go pick up a cheap jazz style bass (squier or sx) and drop in those pickups. It would be pretty awesome.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Feb 12, 2009,
Your strap probably came undone. Good straplocks cost about $15 dollars. They're worth every penny.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Do you have any pictures to show the damage?
Hello, mother leopard. I have your cub. You must protect her, but that will be expensive. 10,000 cola nuts, wrapped in brown paper. Midnight, behind the box. I'll be the hyena, you'll see.
more details needed.

Also, start asking around to see if you can borrow one of it's urgently necessary for another piece
Rockin' shit
The email on rockbass's site is this:
DBGLit@danabgoods.com

Contact them and ask what dimensions are used on your bass's neck. It may be possible that a standard Fender-style replacement will fit, though I doubt it.

You're lucky it's not a neck-through...

edit: And I'll join the chorus...pics? It'd be nice to see the damage. It may be fixable.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Feb 12, 2009,
lets see a pic? I would assume its probably very repairable unless it like shattered into a million little pieces. If you know a good luthier they'll make it look like nothing ever happened. The one i go to just got done a guitar that had its headstock split 4 times.
i will post pics when i find some batteries for the camera
i already have strap locks, i use the standard warwick ones that came with the bass, they are spring button release so i might have pushed that with my chest.
EDIT

EDIT2: i still have a yamaha which i borrowed for a while when my first bass broke so i can use that for the time being, although there are no concerts coming up any time soon
Last edited by moody git at Feb 12, 2009,
That should be fixable, believe it ore not. Some strong adhesive and a few clamps would make it good as new.
Nope, no sig here.
I would think that you would be able to have that glued back together. Find a good luthier in your area and take it to him
i'll still e-mail rockbass and see if it is covered by the warranty, thanks for the help
sorry to be unhelpful... but what did you do when this happened? if i had this happen to my bass i would stop and cry.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
^ +1
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by moody git
i will post pics when i find some batteries for the camera
i already have strap locks, i use the standard warwick ones that came with the bass, they are spring button release so i might have pushed that with my chest.
EDIT

EDIT2: i still have a yamaha which i borrowed for a while when my first bass broke so i can use that for the time being, although there are no concerts coming up any time soon

hey thar truss rod
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
If it seems like too much effort, i'll happily buy it off you. Truth be told, it's a very simple job to repair.
God--I have to say I cringed when I saw that picture. It might be fixable, but I'd worry about truss rod adjustments going forward.
wait, what is the model?

oh lord, a vampyre??? ill buy it =)
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Quote by matosh.lee
sorry to be unhelpful... but what did you do when this happened? if i had this happen to my bass i would stop and cry.

lots of swearing....then my head teacher came to see if it was me that had fainted, the hall was so hot. my mum also came over from the audience and swore. infront of just about the whole leadership team, head of music and my head of year. i had to borrow my friends bass for the next performance.
truth is, inside i was going mental, but i have no idea how to act on the outside, i'm never anything but laid back...

EDIT: at the minute, i'm looking for a replacement neck as i dont have much money at all
Last edited by moody git at Feb 13, 2009,
I would take the opportunity to go for a new neck, fender spares are normally readily available from sites like allparts.co.uk/com because I havent seen any Warwick replacements knocking around. Try ebay and or Craigslist.
Or maybe Status for a graphite replacement? When you have some more money...

If it moves, and it shouldn't: gaffa tape. It should move and it doesn't: WD40.