anyone know of a few catchy songs with both guitar and piano in it? i don't listen to a lot of that kinda stuff so i need some help haha.

also, no queen! sry.
Guns N Roses: November Rain, Estranged(kinda intricate), lots of others
Muse: A lot of them

Blues stuff?
I'm pretty sure guitar and piano feature on Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here .

A few other Pink Floyd songs will too since one of their band members (Rick Wright) was a dedicated keyboardist.

Dylan plays both piano and guitar so some of his songs will feature both - I think Like a Rolling Stone is one.

The Doors feature a keyboardist. He plays some freaky sounds sometimes but I'm sure you can pull it off with a regular piano. Try Tell All the People

Lots of pop music - maybe some Robbie Williams stuff?

Like the last guy said lots of blues feature both. Check out Eric Clapton's Unplugged album for some good ones. Another blues example with piano and guitar is Muddy Water's version of Southbound Train

Pretty much anything can be done on either instrument or both instruments just use the chords and basic melody for any song and figure some parts for each instruments. One way might to simply have the piano play some rhythm and the guitar some lead over top. You could do The Doors LA Woman or Roadhouse Blues as a guitar/piano duet and have it sound pretty good.

Or you can mix it up a bit more.

Best of Luck.
Si
Last edited by 20Tigers at Feb 12, 2009,
Okay:

Butterflies & Hurricanes, Newborn, Bliss, Sunburn, Hoodoo, Starlight those are all by Muse. Great rockin songs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam4
He doesn't play notes, he just wiggles his knob.
Dream Theater does alot of keyboard/guitar duels. Sonata Arctica as well, Black Diamond in particular is my favorite from them. erm, Guitar vs Piano by someone on newgrounds, i think his name was Goukisan or somethin like that.
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
the human abstract - desiderta
it's right before the song vela, together we await the storm and makes for a really epic intro to said song.
The Doors?
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
GNR and Aerosmith; both frontmen are pianists. Muse as well.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
children of bodom for keyboard and guitar as well
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic