Poll: Pedal to buy?
Poll Options
View poll results: Pedal to buy?
You'd be better off with a Phase 90 and Small Clone
7 44%
You'd be better off with an Electric Mistress
8 50%
You should get different pedals(please say)
1 6%
Voters: 16.
Hey all, I was going to buy a Phase 90 and a Small Clone but after reading about and seeing demos of the XO Electric Mistress Flanger/Chorus I was thinking I'd just get that. Does anyone agree? Anyone have experience with these?

EDIT: I am aware a phaser is not a flanger and vice versa but either are fine, just looking to add some color/uniqueness to the tone.
Last edited by Bentheemo at Feb 14, 2009,
mind, the Electric Mistress is a !Flanger! not a phaser, such as the phase 90 - you won't get the same effect (look up the differences on the web). other than that, the effect quality of EHX is very good, to my mind - if you want flanger/chorus, get it.

try it, though!

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The Electric mistress is an amazing pedal, don't look back

Paul Gilbert used it on his Get out of my yard album

I have a Phase 90, its also amazing
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Feb 12, 2009,
depends if u want a phase shifter or a flanger...mistress is flanger, phase 90 is phase...i'd go with the mistress unless you want a phaser badly because the mistress has chorus, and i wouldn't bother buying a chorus pedal personally, even though the small clone is a great chorus. to me - chorus isn't an important effect because it's so light, not a big effect
It depends what you want.

If you like chorus and use it a lot (as i do) i would suggest the small clone. I own it and love it.

If you like phase, than get the phase 90, the script one would be the best, but the standard is also good. I also own it and love it.

The electric mistress is awesome and all, and it seems great, but i wouldn't get it for just chorus sounds, i think the small clone would probably be better.

Really we need more info as to what you like.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by sharpant
The Electric mistress is an amazing pedal, don't look back

Paul Gilbert used it on his Get out of my yard album

I have a Phase 90, its also amazing

How is the chorus on the Electric Mistress?

Also I know its a flanger but it still provides a modulation to the sound. I'm still stuck between a small clone and a Phase 90 or the electric Mistress as funds are tight at the moment.
electric mistress will give you a wider range of tones, wheres the phase 90 is a really simple one knob phaser, and the small clone is a really simple one knob chorus.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Quote by funkymonkz
electric mistress will give you a wider range of tones, wheres the phase 90 is a really simple one knob phaser, and the small clone is a really simple one knob chorus.

Thats true, is the chorus good on the Electric mistress?
Quote by Bentheemo
Thats true, is the chorus good on the Electric mistress?

from my very brief experience with it (about 10 minutes at a music store) I thought it was pretty good, won't give you insane deep chorus, but did add that little something on to clean chords and helped thicken up overdriven tones a bit.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Quote by funkymonkz
from my very brief experience with it (about 10 minutes at a music store) I thought it was pretty good, won't give you insane deep chorus, but did add that little something on to clean chords and helped thicken up overdriven tones a bit.

Oh ok, anybody have any more suggestions?
Quote by nightraven
get the deluxe electric mistress, not the XO electric mistress if you choose to go that way

How come? Does it still have chorus or no?