hi i have just bought this wire to wire my les paul for the 3 way switch to the volume pots and the hot wire and ground to the input jack it seems to be 4 core wire is this ok to use ? do i split the wire into 4 pieces or do i use it in 1 piece and just strip the ends to reach the components ?? this is my first build and i have no experience with shielded wire thanks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250367309410

i
you should only need single core wire for between the pots and switch, ground and output
what you have looks like 4 individual wires wrapped in shielding and a rubber coating which is primarily used for wiring humbuckers
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
ok so ill need some more wire then can anyone give me a link for the uk please. i have spent most of the evening looking into the wire on the internet but cant find a uk seller unbelievable form what i make out i need 22 guage single strand shielded wire.
is this the correct wire

£4.25 per 5 ft (APPROX)

22 AWG HOOK UP WIRE VERY HIGHLY INSULTED
30" OF EACH BLACK AND YELLOW 22 AWG HIGHLY INSULATED POT WIRE.
Attachments:
22awg.jpg