So I just started taking guitar lessons, and I really want to learn acoustic and eventually learn electric as well. However, sometimes when I practice, I find that I'm learning stuff a loooot faster on electric and it's kinda frusturating going back to acoustic after that.

Does that just mean I should be playing electric instead, or is there a difference in learning curve?
Acoustic are generally harder to play, the more you play you acoustic the better you'll become at electric. Think of it that way.

Acoustics, in my opinion are bests to learn on
There's a two sided circular argument there an you'll have to decide what side your on.

Learning on an acoustic can be hard cause the strings are thicker and a little more difficult to push... but.. you build more strength which makes electric quite easy once you go back...

Learning on an electric, you can learn more, faster but you don't build up strength and endurance as quickly ........

If you can afford, try to have one of each and switch back and forth, but ... as long as you are learning on somthing... then you're getting somewhere right?
2001 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Black/Gold
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES
If you're keen to learn on acoustic, learn on acoustic. Keep in mind that you are still a beginner, and you WILL get frustrated regardless of what you pick.

I was fortunate enough to learn on both (parents had an acoustic guitar). As Milez said it's highly awesome.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Haha, that's true. I do switch practicing often which is how I encountered this is, it's just hard to convince yourself that you're getting better from the switch back from electric to acoustic xD I'll just push through... fingers hurt a lot though :P
learn on acoustic,you will have an easier time playing on electric (because your finger positioning on each fret will be much better)

acoustic is harder (in general) to play, but the way you play electric (also in general) will be harder (speed, style, etc..)
youll see what i mean
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
Play electric to be good at electric, playing acoustic isnt going to make you great at electric since you dont need that strength from the acoustic, but by all means play both.
Well problem with learning on acoustic for the purpose of playing on an electric is, you may have avoided many of the techniques which are incredibly important to electric playing especially with gain, string dampening is a huge factor and if you only practice on an acoustic, you won't be experienced in bending very well because you're not used to bending on an electric and let's face it, it's very hard to bend on an acoustic as if you were playing an electric.
I have tried both and found playing electric suited me far better. It is easier to play and I enjoyed the greater variety I got from an electric. I found the accoustic I had too big which may have been part of the problem.
I spent one week without my electric, and only used my acoustic. When I picked up my electric again I was way better.
You should definitley choose based on the style of music you like to listen to, and want to learn. It's easier to play on the electric if you're playing basic stuff, but either or can be harder based on what skills and techniques you are learning on them.
i enjoy electric alot more. you dont quite get that acoustic full sound. but clean one an electric works for me. i just love to be able to play some clean CCR stuff. push a button and play some Hendrix or other harder music.