im wondering, do the quilted maple tops affect the sound at all? the black version doesnt have it but the other two with designs are quilted maple tops. i kinda like the black and its cheaper but wonder if the maple top helps the clean high end? (i think maple is usually a bright sounding wood, at least for acoustic). might just get the classic anyways but still like to know.
I think it has a little impact on the sound but I don't think it's really really noticeable.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by theWallofYAWN
im wondering, do the quilted maple tops affect the sound at all? the black version doesnt have it but the other two with designs are quilted maple tops. i kinda like the black and its cheaper but wonder if the maple top helps the clean high end? (i think maple is usually a bright sounding wood, at least for acoustic). might just get the classic anyways but still like to know.

the reason its cheaper is cause of the quilt costs more to do. mainly asthetic although it will add slightly (really ****ing slightly) to the tone.
however you would need one HELL of an ear to be able to tell the difference.

Edit: also the emgs mostly count out any chance of a decent cleans anyway so i wouldnt worry,
all emg snobs who say they can coax good cleans out, I know its possible to get passable cleans but they just wont be as good as say a nice passive humbucker or singlcoil, thats the price you pay for br00t4lz.
Last edited by stephen_rettie at Feb 12, 2009,
Correct me if I'm wrong,but that's not an actual "top" but just a thin veneer of figured maple.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.