ADGC?
You better have a good four string! Instead of tuning down 3 1/2 steps on your 4, you could just tune full step down on a 5 string.

Well to answer your question, no band that I know of tunes ADGC. I know plenty of bands that tune ADGCF though LOL
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
That is the tuning of a cello, which is tuned in fifths; bass is tuned in fourths.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
I'm pretty sure the guy from Lightning Bolt uses that tuning, but I think his high A is a banjo string.

Its on the wiki article. Go take a look.
Quote by telecastrmastr
any GOOD bassist shouldn't need to tune below 1/2 step or drop D

Who said anything about needing? He wants songs to try out a different tuning, which GOOD bassists should do now and then. Standard tuning is great and all, but experimentation can give you completely different sounds.
I'd imagine that most of the stuff from Robert Fripp and his students/proteges (League of Crafty Guitarists, California Guitar Trio, etc.) is written in CGDA or can be played in it, since his New Standard Tuning for guitar is C-G-D-A-E-G.

(Then again, he tends to work with players who use things like Chapman Sticks or basses with 5+ strings and the like.)

The trick is, however, not much of it- if any- has actually been released in printed form. I personally haven't seen any sheet or tab for Fripp, King Crimson, etc.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 13, 2009,
Quote by telecastrmastr

There are many fantastic bassists who tune lower.

Justin Chancellor uses BEDG and BADG ocassionally

Michael Manring uses god knows what

Tim Commerford often used BEAD.

Whatever tuning you use has no bearing on how good a bassist you are. Ever. Yours was simply a stupid comment.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
There are many fantastic bassists who tune lower.

Justin Chancellor uses BEDG and BADG ocassionally

Michael Manring uses god knows what

Tim Commerford often used BEAD.

Whatever tuning you use has no bearing on how good a bassist you are. Ever. Yours was simply a stupid comment.

He tunes up, not down
And IIRC its just simply EADG to begin with (But an Octave up) and he fiddles with the d-tuners after that.
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
well see actually im not tuning down i have a 6 string and wanted things to play on the four highest pitched strings
Quote by telecastrmastr

What a retard
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Quote by telecastrmastr

ah. so "GOOD" bassists can what, sing anything lower than that?
Recommended threads
Tool's tuning
Rain_In_Blood
Last post:
by m4l666
Cello tuning?
Fassa Albrecht
Last post:
by Windfall32