http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZM0EGBdHOw

Is this guy not playing in standard tunning? I normally play in standard but even when I play the low notes they dont sound as low as his. Is it his EQ settings or something? Also looks like hes about to cum at 2:01.
Last edited by Jiro from GLAY at Feb 12, 2009,
C# Tuning, I think. Full step and a half below E-Standard (three semitones down) This guy is funny as hell.
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Feb 12, 2009,
Any special settings needed on the amp? Or did just the tunning down do the trick?

Ye the guy kinda embarrasses himself but he can play like over 10 instruments. Hes composed most his songs, here is one of his best IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAly7y4rKNU
Last edited by Jiro from GLAY at Feb 12, 2009,
tuning down, dial in your bass really heavy, maybe scooped mids. looks like he's using the bridge pickup. Also, a LOT of gain.
It's not that heavy, and the tone is pretty fizzy for my taste.

Listen to any -core band that plays in Drop D or Drop C and it sounds as heavy or heavier than that, nothing special.

EDIT: Also how you palm mute really effects those chugs, if I'm going for a really heavy sound I like to mute a little less than usual, it really gives a boomy tone that way.

Choke the strings too much and you loose a bit of that thump.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Feb 12, 2009,
Sounds like drop C# or drop C, tune down and then use lots of bass
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
OK, heavy compared to what I usually play.

Quote by Necrophagist777
It's not that heavy, and the tone is pretty fizzy for my taste.

Listen to any -core band that plays in Drop D or Drop C and it sounds as heavy or heavier than that, nothing special.
that guy bothers me. and no it's definitely not standard tuning.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
OK, heavy compared to what I usually play.

No Problem. Just tune low and experiment with different ways of palm muting.

In my experience Closer to the Bridge = Bassier, Looser, Heavier. Closer to the Neck = Tighter, Trebley, Scratchier

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top