I've been looking rather heavily into buying an Ibanez RGA42FM, and I just have one question about it. What type of neck joint does it have? I can't seem to find any info about it. Is it bolt-on, set-neck, or neck-thru? Thanks guys.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARGA42FM
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Feb 12, 2009,
www.ibanez.com

The specs should be there.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Right, thanks. I know the ART300 goes for about $300 and it has a set neck, so I thought that maybe they'd extend the same courtesy with this one.
Quote by britishsligean
bolt on neck you only get through bodies when you spend a few thousand

err..a bit wrong.

I don't know what neckjoint it has, but Ibanez is typically either bolt-on or neck through, and not too much of set necks.

Here's a neck-through lots of people seem to enjoy, even with the subpar trem: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGT42DX-Electric-Guitar?sku=512358
Quote by britishsligean
bolt on neck you only get through bodies when you spend a few thousand

EDIT: Ehh, guy above me was faster.

And as for the guitar OP was talking about it's bolt-on, no doubt. Ibanez neckthrus have a T in the model number. RGTxxxx
Last edited by I Poke Badgers at Feb 12, 2009,
I'm not a big fan of trems anyway. That's why I like the RGA. The bottom horn isn't as scrawny and it has a fixed bridge. Plus, from ym experience with playing the ART300's LoZ-1 pickups, I can only assume that the LoZ-23 are even better sounding. I don't have a preference of neck joints, I was just curious.
Quote by britishsligean
generally they cost a few thousand they deffinetly do where i live

Well the Prestige ones definitely are crazy expensive, but not the regular RG. A lot of Schecters are neck-thrus as well, I dunno how much they cost where you are. I don't know where you are! :P

And by the way, I just wanted to say that if my starting that previous post with "Umm, no" seemed at all douchey, I did not mean it so I apologize either way.
Lol. No offense taken, dude. I'm not even sure if it's possible to get offended by that

Schecters are nice, but they feel like toys. The frets are WAAAY to smashed together on the high end, too.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Schecters are nice, but they feel like toys. The frets are WAAAY to smashed together on the high end, too.
Well by the laws of physics i don't think they can be any more smashed together than on another guitar with the same scale neck...
dunno if it matters but after taking a close look at it and build it looks like a bolt-on, bout 89%sure.....other part tells me set neck but i dont think Ibanez makes set necks..i think..

EDIT: ha im retarded.....Ibanez does have set necks
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Last edited by heretic-clown at Feb 12, 2009,
I didn't think they did until I picked out the above at GC. The pickups are fantastic on it, and apparently they use the same type, just improved, on the RGA.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Hardly any, though. I don't blame you for thinking otherwise.

SZ and SZR series
Artcore series
Artist series
Their signature jazz box models

I'm pretty sure these are all set neck instruments,but I may be wrong though.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
SZ and SZR series
Artcore series
Artist series
Their signature jazz box models

I'm pretty sure these are all set neck instruments,but I may be wrong though.

Well i know they make them, but in comparison to how many they make that are bolt on or neck-thru, they don't make many set neck guitars.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Well i know they make them, but in comparison to how many they make that are bolt on or neck-thru, they don't make many set neck guitars.

heh reason why i thought that they didnt make set necks but i was proven wrong...cool learned something new today.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell