Just bought a fast track pro and protools 8. I installed the its drivers and the updates. I also installed protools 8 and it keeps saying "Unable to locate hardware".

please help
Reboot the computer yet? Do that first. If not, try another USB port? Are u connected to a laptop or desktop? USB hub or straight into a USB port on the back? IF you installed the drivers while connectd to one USB port, then switch to another USB port, that can cause probs sometimes.

This is ProTools M-POwered right???!

catdaddy
Quote by catdaddy42
Reboot the computer yet? Do that first. If not, try another USB port? Are u connected to a laptop or desktop? USB hub or straight into a USB port on the back? IF you installed the drivers while connectd to one USB port, then switch to another USB port, that can cause probs sometimes.

This is ProTools M-POwered right???!

catdaddy

I tried everything, other USB ports, restarting, uninstalling, reinstalling. I even uninstalled pt8 and installed the pt demo that came with the fast track and i keep getting the same error.

I'm on a laptop with windows vista 64bit with sp1.

thanks
bump!

I read that protools doesnt work with vista 64bit, but i've also been reading that people have been getting it to work.

any ideas?
Have you downloaded M-Powered 8? Otherwise it definitely won't work. And Windows Vista 64bit is not supported for any version of M-Powered.