Well. apparently my amp is unfixable

Im hoping I can get my money back from the guy on ebay, the guy who was going to fix it said that a whole half of the electronics was blown out. And seeing as when I got it from him the output fuse was already blown leads me to believe he has screwed me over.

My cabinet, the speaker which was blown out by the head should be egtting a new celestion speaker soon, which would end up rating it at 300 watts(8 ohms).

So I am again in the market for a new head. One of the ones I'm looking at is the Warwick ProFet 5.1. Its only £240 which is a bargain for a 500 watt amp.
I have a few questions about it though.

1)What kind of tone do Warwick amps have? I would prefer smething fairly transparent, but after what I've been through in the last couple of months I'm not too picky about the tone as long as it works

2)(Invalid img)
As you can see from the picture, there is only one speaker out (actually there's two, but seeing as theyre a different lead type I'm not sure whether its the same one if you know what I mean). It also says "4 ohms min." Im really tired right now and I cant figure out wether this would let me use an 8 ohm cab(eventually two)

Sorry for the long read, thanks in advance
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by tom708
a whole half? is that like 2 whole quarters?

You could say that

I just read through the user manual and it cleared my worries about the cab/ohm issue
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
look at the hartke LH500 it's only about £270 and in my opinion it is much better than the warwick
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Whats the tube preamp like?
Quote by guitarhero_764

it gives your tone a nice warmth while adding a little bit of grit, not enough to call it a dirty tone but just that little bit to give it an edge, as you roll off the mids the grit disappears so it's not like you're stuck with it.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Thats what you get from an ebay transaction =)
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Quote by skater dan0
look at the hartke LH500 it's only about £270 and in my opinion it is much better than the warwick

Brother speaks the truth. I'd get it rather quickly, as Hartke prices are shooting up every bloody day.
Ok so at the moment I'm deciding between the Wick and the Hartke, leaning towards hartke at the moment, but one thing I'm confused by is the EQ. ow does it work/Is it easy to use compared to a graphic EQ?
Quote by guitarhero_764

the hartke's EQ is an odd one. It's a boost only tonestack EQ so the bass feeds the mids which feeds the treble. So if you tweak the bass knob it has an effect on how the other knobs act and so on. The EQ also boosts your volume, which is why mine is set quite high, if you put a knob on zero you completely remove the frequencies it controls and if you put all the EQ knobs on zero you'll cut the signal entirely. It's really simple to use and get great tones from once you've got your head around it. for the first 10 minutes you might struggle but read the manual it tells you how the EQ works and gives you some example EQs to try for you to get a grasp of how it would work.

If you combine it with an active bass you should have no trouble getting as many tones as you would with a graphic EQ, i'm quite happy without the graphic EQ
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Ah ok

Another thing is that it says it puts out 350 watts at 8 ohms, my cab is 300. This should be ok right? At 350 watts I doubt I'd be taking it anywhere near halfway anyway?
Quote by guitarhero_764

It will be fine, better to put 350 watts through a 300 watt speaker and not clip then 100 watts and clip like ****.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by skater dan0
it gives your tone a nice warmth while adding a little bit of grit, not enough to call it a dirty tone but just that little bit to give it an edge, as you roll off the mids the grit disappears so it's not like you're stuck with it.

Sorry to hijack, but how dirty is it? Could you compare it to a different amp or to someone's tone please?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
^Theres a HUGE thread on Talkbass which I read most of today. A lot of the people there say they are comparable to old Fender Bassman tube amps turned down low before they get pushed into overdrive. That kind of warm "tube" sound but without the dirt.
Quote by guitarhero_764