Alright I got two amps in my price range. A crate retroflex 100 watt I believe and a marshall mg250 dfx. I got a metal zone pedal and need an amp to keep up with a metal band. Lots of crunchy thrash but also death metal kinda stuff. Which one? Thanks
sell all your current amps.
buy a xxx/jsx/6505/6505+/bugera/
winning occurs
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Never ditching my metal zone, going to be doing small gigs with a PA. Price range is 400$
seeing that you can afford an MG i suggest lo♦king at Vypyrs and Cubes
EDIT:
DITCH YOUR METAL ZONE NAOOOOO!!!!!!!
look for a used Peavey XXX on Ebay/ Craigslist
and watch vids on the XXX on youTube and compare its distortion to your MT-2
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Feb 12, 2009,
Quote by String-Dancer
Never ditching my metal zone, going to be doing small gigs with a PA. Price range is 400$

Umm...Metalzones are cheap garbage. Honestly, id rather have a tin can with 2 leads plugged in it than that. But seriously, sell it, and all your amps, then if you want to gig, get something like a B-52 AT-112, or go used and get something better.
Quote by Holy-Diver
sell all your current amps.
buy a xxx/jsx/6505/6505+/bugera/
winning occurs

dude this guy knows what he is talking about

and if you absolutely insist on running mt2, dont. if you sold some of that sh*t and got a high gain tube amp, you would jizz yourself. i used to think mt2 was all great and brutal, in retrospect, it sounds like dried dung. do yourself a favor
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
dude this guy knows what he is talking about

you quoted yourself
and i have to agree with you 100%
feel free to add me
I don't have many options here guys, I live in a small town with 1 used music store
Quote by String-Dancer
I don't have many options here guys, I live in a small town with 1 used music store

go on Ebay or your craigslist.......
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

you quoted yourself
and i have to agree with you 100%

why thank you.
see, two people have already agreed upon something for you to do, and that is a rarity on this site. now go do what must be done
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
I have two other options which are a peavey bandit and a ibanez 75 watt. I don't even have a craigslist for my area, theres zippo on kijiji and I really don't trust ebay. Just pick me the best suited out of the ones I named. I have achieved a good tone for my band on my "piece of sh!t" metal zone and I really just need a good loud amp to play it through.
im sorry, i cant bring myself to rec any of those. i just cant, it would not be ethical. if you have a music store, they can order you stuff.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by String-Dancer
I have two other options which are a peavey bandit and a ibanez 75 watt. I don't even have a craigslist for my area, theres zippo on kijiji and I really don't trust ebay. Just pick me the best suited out of the ones I named. I have achieved a good tone for my band on my "piece of sh!t" metal zone and I really just need a good loud amp to play it through.

Lets hear some clips of that "good tone" and see what reactions you get. Go with B-52, like I said. Screw MT-2's
I hate guys like you, you can't agree with anything that makes sense. MGs are some of the worst amps (I have one that I use as a speaker for music), and most amps (if any) named crate wont even do thrash metal, so you have two choices.

A. Move to a different state.

B. Get smart, sell your gear, buy off of ebay, and be amazed by your new amp.
Quote by Lefty Guitarist
I hate guys like you, you can't agree with anything that makes sense. MGs are some of the worst amps (I have one that I use as a speaker for music), and most amps (if any) named crate wont even do thrash metal, so you have two choices.

YYYEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

tasty tone will be yours
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Lefty Guitarist

I LIKE TEH EMOTIOCONS!!!!!!!!

But seriously, great post.