Hi guys,

need you're help with selecting a cab.

I know that Avatar cabs are very highly rated round these parts and see them recommended all the time as "great for the price". Now being in Australia means that the price of Avatar cabs isn't really that low, infact it's on par with Marshall 2x12's.

In Sydney I can get the following:
2x12 Cabinet, there don't seem to be any 'lower end' 2x12 cabs on the market:
Marshall 1936 $930
Marshall 1922 $880

and if I go with a 4x12 it gives access to some of the more 'budget' cabs. so it's
Avatar $1190 (over my price range)
Bugera $560
Vox Valvetronic $590
Hartke $590

As you can see the Avatar cabs are not cheap here. Are they still worth considering given that they don't have the price advantage over the marshall 2x12? or should I just go with one of the less expensive 4x12 options?

Size/portability isn't an issue as I have transport and I play mostly Hard Rock, Grunge, Punk and Metal

Thanks.
Update,

I've also managed to find a Line 6 Flextone 2x12 for $700.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
why not try them out and see which one you prefer?

you could always build your own, only minor woodworking skills and wiring skills are required.
theres a few tutorials in the GB&C section to help you out.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
I'll be testing a whole bunch this weekend =)

Only problem is that Avatar Cabs are only available interstate so so I can't test them. Thats why I need to know how they stack up against the 1936 and the 1922.
avatar cabinets are considered to be "budget" cabs, although they seem to be fantastic for the price over here in north america, I think you would be paying a bit much over in Australia ( although apparently everything is overpriced there).

I would say only go for the Avatar if you are completely unsatisfied with the other cabs. My vote goes towards the 1936
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile