DBLEDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it again! Probably should fiddle first before asking UG. Thanks for the help guys.

First of all, please don't hurt me. I literally have no idea what I'm doing here.

Anyways, I just bought myself a Presonus Firebox, Shure SM57, and yeah, it came with Cubase LE4. So I hook it up, and after an hour of fiddling, I manage to record something (I saw the waveforms) . But it won't play back the sound. I have no monitors yet (Hey, I can only afford so much on minimum wage ) But I have a pair of headphones into the front of the 'Box and I can hear myself when I play. But I play i tback and there's no sound.

I have a feeling it's from having no monitors, and the output being put onto the Main Line Out's of the Firebox, but I wouldn't know. Any help would be great appreciated.

6661Edit: Hey guys, thanks for replying. It suddenly just started working. Damn technology, for I have yet another question. I make a drumtrack in Guitar Pro, import it into the User Midfiles of EXDrummer (and before anyone says it, I spend my hard earned money on this). It shows up as a new track playing as piano, wtf?
Last edited by Austyn6661 at Feb 12, 2009,
Surely the headphone output will also give you the signal from the main outs.

In Cubase, you should have to select which outputs the mixer is using for playback.
You may need to select the outputs on the Firebox specifically.
Did you deselect the monitor button on the track when you try and listen back to it? It should be shaped like a speaker.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Hey guys, thanks for replying. It suddenly just started working. Damn technology, for I have yet another question. I make a drumtrack in Guitar Pro, import it into the User Midfiles of EXDrummer (and before anyone says it, I spend my hard earned money on this). It shows up as a new track playing as piano, wtf?
Hmm... is the MIDI track's output set to EZdrummer? Explain in step by step how you are getting the MIDI into Cubase and what you're doing with it, so I can get a clear picture of what's happening.
There is poetry in despair.