Hello I have a Ibanez RG7321 and I usually use my Boss DS-1 and I was planning on upgrading my effects and amps I usually use a Fender 25R for practicing and was wondering if I should go for the Marshall Microstack or the Fender Super Champ I like Metal, Classic Rock, and Prog Mainly and do a lot of Metallica GNR and Coheed and Cambria Covers. Also I was wanting to know what kind of effects pedal to get since mine is starting to lose its life and I was really interested in getting a multi effects pedal. Please give me suggestions and both and which amp is better.

Thanks In advance.
Budget?
do you need volume?

Well first off the microstack sucks, so forget about it.
Secondly the Champ wouldn't fit metal at all, so forget about it.

A cube or Vypyr would be an excellent choice as long as you aren't gigging or don't need a ton of volume.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Peavey Vypyr 30 + sanpera II Foot Switch....
if you buy that amp you wouldn't need a Multi FX pedal.....
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Vypyr 75
but buy the Vypyr 30 + sanpera II you get 400 more presets than the 75 and 2 expression pedals
but if you have the money 75 + sanpera is good too......
feel free to add me
Could I gig for an audience of 75-100 people with a 30 and what does Studio USB Interface mean?
Quote by Akreckos
Could I gig for an audience of 75-100 people with a 30 and what does Studio USB Interface mean?

well, hopefully you know what USB is... right?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by Akreckos

i think it means that you can use a usb cable and just plug it in your PC and use the recording software you have.
you wouldnt need to buy a recording thingy to record just plucg the vypyr in your PC..

BUT that is what i think it is,
my cousin has the vypyr and i only use that if i spend a night in my cousins house soo i dont have that much info on them..... so if some kind UGer who has a vypyr and know what that means please correct me..........
feel free to add me
I swear, nobody tries harder than alf.

We love you, man.

But yeah, budget? A vypyr 30 is the best....until you give me a budget.
Fender American Strat HSS MAHOGANY!
MXR Carbon Copy
BBE Soul Vibe
Fulltone OCD
Planet Waves Chromatic Tuner
Egnater Tweaker 1x12 Combo
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12 combo
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Taylor 114CE
Well I can wait till the end of the term and do maybe 400~ but I mean if 30 is enough to gig and I can mic it and it will sound the same then its fine
Quote by harrisonmon
I swear, nobody tries harder than alf.

We love you, man.

But yeah, budget? A vypyr 30 is the best....until you give me a budget.

thank man........
and i wuv u all
feel free to add me
Quote by acdclandon

Secondly the Champ wouldn't fit metal at all, so forget about it.

TS - are you talking about a SuperChamp XD? It has some sick gain models. If you are talking about the old Champs, then I have to fully agree with the above. But the SCXD has some very good metal models.

TS - $400 USD? You play metal and do small(er) gigs. Would you look at used amps? If the B-52 at112 is still on sale for $360 new, it would be a good option. If you would look at used stuff, what major city are you near?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
TS - are you talking about a SuperChamp XD? It has some sick gain models. If you are talking about the old Champs, then I have to fully agree with the above. But the SCXD has some very good metal models.

TS - $400 USD? You play metal and do small(er) gigs. Would you look at used amps? If the B-52 at112 is still on sale for $360 new, it would be a good option. If you would look at used stuff, what major city are you near?

Major city would be Memphis or Atlanta, maybe Birmingham. But I was looking at the Vypyrr 30 into more detail and the Sanpera II and I think I would like to buy them both and used would be great if you knew or know someone selling theirs for a reasonable price.