Yes, it can, quite possibly, affect your tone. It's the same effect of stickers. It won't have as much of an effect as, say, switching your pickups, but it will have an effect on your tone. And definitely not in a good way.
And if you ever are unhappy with it, you'll have to take it off and refinish the entire guitar.
And I can't see playing with a snakeskin guitar being comfortable.
And it will **** up resale value in a very large way.
I would say not to do it.
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
Quote by Emoishboy

your right with most of your post...but I disagree with the above....I think warren demartini will disagree to I say go for it because the snakeskin look is one of the coolest to come out of the 80's....look up demartini online and you should find where he describes what they did with his snakeskin guitars so the tone wasn't effected
His website mentions a 'characteristic sound' that the snakeskin gave the guitar. That sound could be seen in a good or bad way, obviously.
In any case, if it won't completely kill your tone, and it won't be too uncomfortable, then I guess go for it.
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
Quote by Emoishboy
Yes, it can, quite possibly, affect your tone. It's the same effect of stickers. It won't have as much of an effect as, say, switching your pickups, but it will have an effect on your tone. And definitely not in a good way.
And if you ever are unhappy with it, you'll have to take it off and refinish the entire guitar.
And it will **** up resale value in a very large way.

I am going to argue, once again, and say there will be no noticeable tonal difference. Unless snake skin has some incredible magnetic properties, then it will have no effect on magnetic induction.

Go for it, and if you notice a tone difference, more than likely it's all in your head.