So, I just got a job, and in a few months my band has this HUGE gig at this private school. I don't think we can come close to filling the theatre, but its got capacity for 450 people, and its a 5.5 million dollar acoustically designed place, it'll sound phenomenal. Anyway, in the space between now and that gig, I'll probably amass about 2000 (canadian) dollars working.

I don't have anything but guitar gear to spend this on.

I'm not really considering selling my amp, cause it sounds pretty descent, (unless of course I find something FANTASTIC that I don't have to drop an arm and a leg for, then I'd see what I can do) but I AM going to swap the tubes, and for the most part, all the stuff I have (except my POD) I would likely use for the performance.

My setup right now looks like this...
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige --> Crybaby --> MXR Micro Amp --> Boss SuperOverdrive --> Fuchs Valve Job --> Traynor YCS50 --> (loop) MXR Micro Chorus --> Speaker and ears.

I have an acoustic too, which i may spend 250 to put a mic and better pickup in, for a better plugged in tone, because in room, the sound is PHENOMENAL

I have a few ideas of things I'd really like to toss in there, from guitars, to pedals, or even maybe an extension cab, but I won't bother with that. I want to know what YOU would do if it were YOU, in this situation, with my gear.

Also, I can get a used strat from a local guy for about 700 right now, which I may jump on. (Maple neck, ash body, 50s style neck, 70's style body, sunburst)

So if I should be buying a strat, I have that one there as a good option.

So again, if you had this gear, and you were in a band that played music spanning from bluesey stuff, to modern alternative rock stuff. (The songs in my profile would give you an idea of what we play too) What would you add to this setup, and why?

Alright.

Go.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Last edited by echo_4190 at Feb 12, 2009,
id say buy a Fulltone OCD as your replacement OD a MXR carbon Copy for some analog delay and buy a better wah...... a Vox perhaps. And if you want a chorus you might as well buy the EHX Small Clone and a phase 90 if you ever need one.........

Buy all of that stuff + the strat or a new amp, your guitar is fine IMO but if you ever need a backup the strat is fine........ and you are good for your gig.......

and good luck on your HUGE gig....
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I would:

-CONSIDER getting a new amp, if you want lol, just keep it open

-pedals:
-chorus: EHX small clone
-flanger: Boss BF-2 Flanger
-phaser: MXR standard or script Phase 90
-mod your crybaby, look up how to or get somebody from Guitar building and customizing
-a different od? really pedals are more about what you like or what you don't like
if you're satisfied with your chorus and overdrive now than replace them, if you aren't then ignore what i said up here ^ lol

A strat or les paul could serve you well if you aren't satisfied with your ibanez

personally i would do this:

the above pedals, plus a new amp although i'm not too familiar with your traynor, i've heard good things, but with that much money a new amp would be nice

really a lot of people would do different things, so its more up to you and your personal tastes

EDIT:

Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
id say buy a Fulltone OCD as your replacement OD a MXR carbon Copy for some analog delay and buy a better wah...... a Vox perhaps. And if you want a chorus you might as well buy the EHX Small Clone and a phase 90 if you ever need one.........

Buy all of that stuff + the strat or a new amp, your guitar is fine IMO but if you ever need a backup the strat is fine........ and you are good for your gig.......

and good luck on your HUGE gig....

Jesus WTF we said the same things
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by echo_4190
So, I just got a job, and in a few months my band has this HUGE gig at this private school. I don't think we can come close to filling the theatre, but its got capacity for 450 people, and its a 5.5 million dollar acoustically designed place, it'll sound phenomenal. Anyway, in the space between now and that gig, I'll probably amass about 2000 (canadian) dollars working.

I don't have anything but guitar gear to spend this on.

I'm not really considering selling my amp, cause it sounds pretty descent, (unless of course I find something FANTASTIC that I don't have to drop an arm and a leg for, then I'd see what I can do) but I AM going to swap the tubes, and for the most part, all the stuff I have (except my POD) I would likely use for the performance.

My setup right now looks like this...
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige --> Crybaby --> MXR Micro Amp --> Boss SuperOverdrive --> Fuchs Valve Job --> Traynor YCS50 --> (loop) MXR Micro Chorus --> Speaker and ears.

I have an acoustic too, which i may spend 250 to put a mic and better pickup in, for a better plugged in tone, because in room, the sound is PHENOMENAL

I have a few ideas of things I'd really like to toss in there, from guitars, to pedals, or even maybe an extension cab, but I won't bother with that. I want to know what YOU would do if it were YOU, in this situation, with my gear.

Also, I can get a used strat from a local guy for about 700 right now, which I may jump on. (Maple neck, ash body, 50s style neck, 70's style body, sunburst)

So if I should be buying a strat, I have that one there as a good option.

So again, if you had this gear, and you were in a band that played music spanning from bluesey stuff, to modern alternative rock stuff. (The songs in my profile would give you an idea of what we play too) What would you add to this setup, and why?

Alright.

Go.

Honestly I'd do this for a Bluesey/Alternative rock sound:

Phaser: MXR Phase 90
Chorus: EHX Small Clone
OD: Maxon OD808
Wah: Fulltone Wah
Delay: MXR Carbon Copy

I don't really know Canadian money and I don't feel like figuring it out, but then, if your content with your amp, you could upgrade your guitar's pickups, get new speakers/tubes for your amp, replace cables, etc.etc.

Just figure out how much all that will cost ^
Quote by The_Bosstone
Honestly I'd do this for a Bluesey/Alternative rock sound:

Phaser: MXR Phase 90
Chorus: EHX Small Clone
OD: Maxon OD808
Wah: Fulltone Wah
Delay: MXR Carbon Copy

I don't really know Canadian money and I don't feel like figuring it out, but then, if your content with your amp, you could upgrade your guitar's pickups, get new speakers/tubes for your amp, replace cables, etc.etc.

Just figure out how much all that will cost ^

Good suggestions.

Its about 1600 USD
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
Good suggestions.

Its about 1600 USD

Okay, thats about $1,988 in CAD, but if you bought all that used, you could probably save like $100 all together (rough estimate, probably more) and buy some quality cables.
Quote by The_Bosstone
Okay, thats about $1,988 in CAD, but if you bought all that used, you could probably save like $100 all together (rough estimate, probably more) and buy some quality cables.

are you kidding? you'd save a lot more than $100!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
i agree with everyone else's suggestions cept i'd skip on the phaser in order to amass more money for the strat and perhaps some sort of mods (new pickups, tubes, speakers?)
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by danyellenik
are you kidding? you'd save a lot more than $100!

Oh god, I meant to say $200.

Quote by Robino_Ibanez
i agree with everyone else's suggestions cept i'd skip on the phaser in order to amass more money for the strat and perhaps some sort of mods (new pickups, tubes, speakers?)

Well, if you skipped out on the phaser and bought everything used, you could put some good pickups in your Ibanez. Its not like your Ibanez is a terrible guitar, you could get it set up and replaced pickups for that much money and you're set.
Yeah, the ibanez plays great, but I have thought about a pickup swap.

Thanks for suggestions everyone.

It seems that delay is a common suggestion as well. Which is good, because the carbon copy is one of the pedals I planned on picking up.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.