I got a new Peavey XXX head today (120 tube watts) and I don't have a cab for it yet, but I do have a Marshall MG15MSii cab (1 speaker).

I was wondering If i could temporarily hook my head up to this cab but not play it at a high volume safely without breaking it or anything. Is this possible? or will the power alone break it?

for further info here are the links to the two:

peavey triple xxx head
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=8&url=http%3A%2F%2Fguitars.musiciansfriend.com%2Fproduct%2FPeavey-Triple-XXX-120W-Guitar-Amp-Head%3Fsku%3D481353&ei=l8iUSY3vN5nNmQeSm5SBCg&usg=AFQjCNF0RjQd3tMKuLoUb0keRG1lsKohzA&sig2=--kOmxer5R_U35b4yqKlkg

marshall mg15msii micro stack
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-MG15MSII-Micro-Stack-101897007-i1145874.gc

thanks
Last edited by connor045 at Feb 12, 2009,
^it will destroy EVERYTHING.................

Save up for a good 2x12 (Mesa,Avatar,Vader,etc.)
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
i wouldn't take my chances. keep on saving up for an avatar 2x12, and in the mean time, NEVER TURN ON THE HEAD IF IT DOESNT HAVE A SPEAKER LOAD ON IT. congrats on the new amp though, im a big fan of XXX's
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by connor045
Are you sure? even if it is at a very low volume?

This should have been enough to convince you so.

Quote by BenMags
Your cab would die. Save up for a more suitable cab.

Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^it will destroy EVERYTHING.................

Save up for a good 2x12 (Mesa,Avatar,Vader,etc.)

Quote by LightningboltX
Yes, it will explode. I age with WTF!!is a TAB

Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
NEVER TURN ON THE HEAD IF IT DOESNT HAVE A SPEAKER LOAD ON IT. congrats on the new amp though, im a big fan of XXX's

don't do it
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
i wouldn't take my chances. keep on saving up for an avatar 2x12, and in the mean time, NEVER TURN ON THE HEAD IF IT DOESNT HAVE A SPEAKER LOAD ON IT. congrats on the new amp though, im a big fan of XXX's

yeah thanks, i'm getting a mesa 4x12 loaded with celestion v 30's for $475 soon, i just really wanted to test out my amp. i got it for $500 off craigslist, great deal. he demo'd it for me and it sounded so killer. can't wait to try it.
Quote by connor045
Are you sure? even if it is at a very low volume?

yes, and right after the cab explodes, the head will follow
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by _Sanitarium_
1. Hook the head to the cab
2. Film it
3. ????
4. Profit

Edit: no seriously, if you absolutely must hook it up, film it and throw it on youtube

4chan?!?
Fender 2006 70's Reissue Strat
ESP Custom Shop
Quote by Rockr01923
4chan?!?

are you still looking to join a band? my band is located in central mass, we need another guitarist. we play deathcore/metalcore/whatever (we have a keyboardist too).