Shart and simple. Do any of you know how much an Audio Engineer makes, or maybe even a producer?
I'm pretty sure it's subjective, depending on the artist and the amount of time spent on the project. It's enough to live on, though. I should probably find out soon, because that's my major and there's a 50% chance that's where I'm headed. Either that or working marketing/A&R at a label.

Oh, check monster or careerbuilder and see if any of the listings have a salary listed.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Im currently studying to be an Audio Engineer and one of my instructors said when he was starting out as an audio engineer in toronto the studio's he applied to had a starting rate of 15 something an hour. He also said that it was too low so I guess the normal rate is above 15 dollars.
Last edited by hankscorpio at Feb 12, 2009,
Quote by Sid McCall
I'm pretty sure it's subjective, depending on the artist and the amount of time spent on the project. It's enough to live on, though. I should probably find out soon, because that's my major and there's a 50% chance that's where I'm headed. Either that or working marketing/A&R at a label.

Oh, check monster or careerbuilder and see if any of the listings have a salary listed.

ya i'm apply to recording connection....it's an awesome place, assuming it's real (it just sounds to good to be true, with about 90% employment placement, but ya) so i wanted some rough facts about if i can live off of that salary and stuff.
i depends, starting out you might not make a whole lot, but you can easily pull 6 figures (or more) once you get really good and start making a lot of contacts (if that happens) one thing to know though is that it's not always a steady job and you need to be ready to face periods of unemployment and whatnot.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Is there an "Only" thread for this profession? Because I would like to discuss this matter at great length.

I'm studying in school for this now. Just started. I love it.

Also, from what I heard, you start at $18,000 a year (after a 6 month unpaid internship) and then after... something (I forget, some sort of promotion from assistant to full engineer) you make double that... so $36,000 a year. From there, depending on what studio/label you work for (as a producer, presumably) you could make a few hundred thousand a year... That's alot of guitars
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Last edited by PaperStSoapCo at Feb 12, 2009,