Page 1 of 2
What are some good blues albums with a decent amount of guitar work in them? I cant really find anything new to listen to and was hoping for some ideas.
Kramer Striker FR-424
Fender Starcaster
Roland Cube 30
Roland Mini Cube

Digitech RP90
Squier P-Bass (Insanely modded)
Fender Rumble 15
Come To The Blues Forum
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Check out Clapton's "Me and Mr. Johnson."
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Already Free, Derek Trucks Band.

Live at the Fillmore East, Allman Brothers Band.

Irish Tour '74, Rory Gallagher.

Layla and other assorted love song, Derek and the Dominoes

John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers featuring Eric Clapton, John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers

The Hard Road, John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers

From the Cradle, Eric Clapton

The UG Blues album.

But if you want pure blues:

The Complete Recordings, Robert Johnson.

At Newport 1960, Muddy Waters.

And for something unconventional:

Electric Mud, by Muddy Waters ( I can't even believe that it's Muddy that's playing on this album )
Last edited by Mike! at Feb 12, 2009,
LED F'ING ZEPPELIN!!!! First guy to say they arent blues deserves a kick in the bawlz
SRV
Freddie King
BB King
Albert King
Muddy Waters
Robert Johnson
the list goes on forever...
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Listen to John Lee Hooker, Otis Rush, B.B. King, and Albert King.

I also really enjoy Elmore James and Son House.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by FrizAtHome
LED F'ING ZEPPELIN!!!! First guy to say they arent blues deserves a kick in the bawlz

They play some blues numbers, and are influenced by blues, but a lot of their material isn't bluesy at all. I have all their albums, so don't try to argue that.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
Joe Bonamassa, Walter Trout, Stevie Ray Vaughan.

All you need, as far as guitar work goes.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
Buddy Guy.
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
They play some blues numbers, and are influenced by blues, but a lot of their material isn't bluesy at all. I have all their albums, so don't try to argue that.

yes, you have all the albums, so you know everything

what about Nobody's fault but mine on Presence?

that is an old blues song

you phail at knowing everything
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by Fred1000000
Joe Bonamassa, Walter Trout, Stevie Ray Vaughan.

All you need, as far as guitar work goes.

+1. Joe Bonamassa never seems to get the respect he deserves, in my opinion.
I just read an entire book on blues...I love my history of Rock class

Some other people who haven't been mentioned:

Howlin Wolf
Willie Dixon (I don't know if he recorded anything, but he wrote a lot of classics)
Leadbelly
Ike Turner (wrote 1st rock song, Rocket 88)
Quote by Mongoose87

True, I think Led Zeppelin I was proably thier bluesiest album as a whole. Others include Albert King (Boprn under a bad sign album is very good, live is better though) Al;bert Collins, the great iceman! Also Hendrix onj the radio one album had a couple of really bluesy numbers, and of course the usual BB king, Clapton etc. Joe Bonamaasa is also excellent, and John Mayer is ok.
Quote by Mongoose87

As do I, influenced or not, id rather listen to Led Zeppelin then some old, bad smelling black guy in a rocking chair. So suck it
Dethklok - Murder Train A'Comin???
Just kidding but seriously, you can't go wrong with some B.B. that's what I always say.
Quote by Carswell98

.........made into a rock song........ I love how you forgot to mention Tea for One, the only blues number on the Presence album.

You fail.
Quote by Carswell98

I think nobodys fault but mine may be one of their lightest blues songs lol. Now Bring It On Home, or Since I've Been Loving You on the other hand, liets just say i jizzed my pants.
Quote by dsotm73
Buddy Guy.

YES! how could i forget tp mention the GREAT BUDDY GUY! He is still kickin ass today, a great player and a great showman, never seen him get ownded on stage, Clapton and SRV held thier own, but Buddy is insanely good.
Quote by FrizAtHome
As do I, influenced or not, id rather listen to Led Zeppelin then some old, bad smelling black guy in a rocking chair. So suck it

You are an idiot.
Quote by Mike!
.........made into a rock song........ I love how you forgot to mention Tea for One, the only blues number on the Presence album.

You fail.

He also forgot to mention, you know, half of led zeppelin 1.
Quote by HendrixClaptonP
Also Hendrix onj the radio one album had a couple of really bluesy numbers.
Or you know, the "Jimi Hendrix: Blues" album
Quote by Mike!

You fail.

I was providing a single example not listing off every bluesy zeppelin song after LZII

NFBM is still a blues song, no matter how much you fuzz the guitars up
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

So, now , because I don't think Zep is a blues band, I must automatically hate them, and therefore, suck, kids? Calm that self-righteous teenaged rage.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
Quote by Mike!
You are an idiot.
I am an idiot. I am racist, sexist, i hate people, i brag alot, im homophobic and most importantly i am better than youmore people like me than you would ever hope for yourself.
gov't mule. warren haynes is the guitarist and singer. hes from allmann brothers. its like southern/blues rock. ive seen them live twice. each time they kicked some serious ass.
Quote by FrizAtHome
I am an idiot. I am racist, sexist, i hate people, i brag alot, im homophobic and most importantly i am better than youmore people like me than you would ever hope for yourself.

What the heck was that?
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
Quote by Mongoose87
So, now , because I don't think Zep is a blues band, I must automatically hate them, and therefore, suck, kids? Calm that self-righteous teenaged rage.

They are dumb. They do not know what blues is if they consider Zep to be a blues band.

PS: This is coming from a huge Zep fan.
Quote by ThirdEye3471
gov't mule. warren haynes is the guitarist and singer. hes from allmann brothers. its like southern/blues rock. ive seen them live twice. each time they kicked some serious ass.

Yeah, they're good too, especially their live material. Greasy Granny's Gopher Gravy is awesome
Quote by Mike!
They are dumb. They do not know what blues is if they consider Zep to be a blues band.

PS: This is coming from a huge Zep fan.

I appreciate your support, Comrade Bluesman Stalin.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
Quote by Mongoose87

did anyone say you suck?

did anyone say you hated them?

no, stop being so dramatic

led zeppelin played a lot of blues tunes, I'm not claiming they are a blues band, I'm just saying they played more than you said they did.
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

SRV

/thread
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Quote by Carswell98

did anyone say you suck?

did anyone say you hated them?

no, stop being so dramatic

led zeppelin played a lot of blues tunes, I'm not claiming they are a blues band, I'm just saying they played more than you said they did.

I was pretty non-specific. I said they played some blues numbers, but a lot of their songs weren't blues at all. I certainly didn't say anything to call down the wrath of Zeus, which is how everyone reacted.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
Page 1 of 2