i went to my local soundchasers today to ask about some acoustic schecters, being a fan of their electrics already.

i should probably make it clear, ive been playing electric for 3 years, but i have NEVER shown interest or touched an acoustic guitar. so i have no idea what to expect or look for.

a friend of mine there told me the schecter acoustics were nice but theyre not cheap, he then directed me over to the acoustics they had, and showed me a few guitars from the company "takamine" ive never heard of this guitar. according to him its a chinese acoustic, sells for cheap and plays like i charm. i played it and liked it, it plays better than the fender DG-8 i currently have. yet it sells for $100

advice? any one have an experience or opinions on this brand? if i dont go with this im probably going with a schecter.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
I love mine. Especially for $500.
I hate my sisters. Hers was like $150.
But they're the only two Takamine's I've played.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Takamine makes great guitars (and sexy basses). But as with any company, the low end is low end for a reason....
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Takamine is dope.
███████████████████████████████████
I'm a Schecter electric guy with a midrange Takamine acoustic/electric. It suits me perfectly.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

well i figured that too. but this fender dg-8 goes for like 200, and this takamine goes for 100. yet the takamine is by far much better than the fender. im no acoustic pro here, im a metal guy, i just want an acoustic for diversity, however, i want something that sounds decent tho. he told me to wait if i wanted to and he's getting in one thats going for 400. he claims the only difference is the finish and its electric.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by s2thalayer at Feb 12, 2009,
Let me just say this: DON'T GET A SCHECTER ACOUSTIC!

Now for the reasoning. Schecter, along Ibanez, make acoustics that "look good" to attract electric players who don't know a thing about acoustics, and thus make more money because their name is recognized.

Takamine, however, is a highly respected acoustic guitar maker.

For further information, I suggest you follow this LINK to the Acoustic FAQ. It will give you all the knowledge you will ever need to know about acoustic guitars.

It's an announcement at the top of the forum. I really wish people would read this first....

EDIT: Also, if you could provide links to retail listings of the guitars you are talking about, it would be very helpful. If you have model numbers, that would help as well.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Feb 12, 2009,
my takamine eg544sc is sick as hell. it has a cedar top and koa back and sides. sounds like a upper end taylor or martin. looks gorgeous, and very versatile. i can play jack johnson, slightly stoopid, dave matthews, and the eagles to perfection. the eagles all play takamine's except for joe walsh. glenn frye even played the exact model i have at their last concert. runs about 600 bucks on musiciansfriend.com
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
i freaking love my takamine... i recently got a set of martin stings and they sound beautiful on it
I have an F-349 with Elixirs on it and I love it.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
I had a Takamine Jasmine about a decade ago. Pampered it like a child, but it practically disintegrated after about four years. I suppose every factory cranks out a lemon sometimes.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

I would agree, except Jasmine is Takamine's extreme discount brand. The ones that actually say Takamine on the head are great.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
To be fair to them, it played great and sounded okay. A bit weak on the volume and poor bass, but i suppose it would have been okay if I had kept it and had it repaired. The controls on it really didn't seem to do anything at all when plugged in, but I used it almost exclusively unplugged.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

takamine is a japanese company with factories in korea i think. they make really good mid-priced acoustic guitars.
i like broccoli and long drives at the beach on my segway