Ok, I don't really know jack **** about amps, and I was planning on buying a new one for a talent show I'm going to be in and just messin around. From some opinions I've gotten this would be really nice

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-Tube-60-60W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922893-i1413609.gc

But recently, I saw this one which was cheaper.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922877-i1413607.gc

I'm just wondering, why is there a difference in price if one has more watts? I was pretty sure about getting the 60 watt though. Anyone who has knowledge I'd appreciate it.
Well, that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks. I thought there was a mistake at first.
Quote by SchecterZV
Get the first one. The first one is a trans-tube amp, which is why it costs more, therefore it will produce a better sound over the Solid state amp, which is what the second one is.

fixed
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
FULL Budget please........ and styles you play.....
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Not to be too picky but the Vypyr 60 has 2 power tubes and 1 preamp tube as a phase inverter so I consider it a hybrid amp. Yes transtube technology plays a huge roll in the sound the it makes. Of the two, it would be the one I would buy.

<flameshield>

There are other amps out there too.

Budget?
Home or Gig? (both)
Genres?
New or Used?
Current gear?
Location?

WTF you beat me to it, slow posting ftl
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Feb 12, 2009,
Well um, Epiphone Les Paul, Digitech RP250, and as for what I play, Very Very diverse. I play stuff from Hendrix to Children of Bodom. Incase anyone hates on that, /flameshield
And budget, is almost not enough for it, luckily GC is having a sale the day after my b'day( Feb 16) and 10% off means about 400 and I was planning on chipping about $200 in. as you can tell, the money tree in my backyard never grew much.
ID say sell the RP and buy the Vypyr 75/tube 60 + Sanpera II footswitch...........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Well, I'll think about that sanpera thing. I've heard that the wah isn't good though, and I love my digitech whammy, and the wah. Hell I love the whole thing, couldn't stand to sell it. But thanks for all the help.
WTF had a good option.

I have a RP250. It's not that bad. You can run it on a tube amp but it will take away from the amps original tone. They also work well on solid state amps. So will you have $400 or $600? Big difference.

Valveking is pretty versatile but will need a new speaker and OD pedal to do COB. B52 is pretty good. So is the Randall RG50TC. There is a 6505+ combo coming out for $500 I think but I don't know how it would do Hendrix. Also check your local craigslist for killer amps or use the link in my sig.