well we already have a post about the best breakdowns.

but how about double bass.

id have to say the best double bass ive ever heard is Albright by Bless The Fallen.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
its hard to tell cuz alot of bands have way fake emulated double bass. IE, as blood runs black. complete garbage.
94 hours- as i lay dying.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Metal forum maybe? ABRB double bass is good, I don't know what you're talking about. The triggers? All bands trigger the kick...
^ Yeah, most bands I've seen trigger the kicks. Helps with keeping the kicks from sounding ****ty and keeps the volume levels about the same.
Never Lose Sight of the Goals- For Today

although it's not that intricate, the double kick runs are in the perfect spots.

and I've heard the term "triggering" thrown around in this forum and never understood what it meant. Can someone enlighten me?
Meshuggah- Bleed
the only acceptable answer.

And a trigger is a pad you put over the bass drum (or any other drum) so that every time it's hit, it sends a pre-recorded sound to the sound board. Each hit, no matter how hard, sends the same sound. This makes the double bass much less muddy i.e. clearer, but it also makes it easier, since you don't have to hit it as consistently or as hard. Many people consider it cheating, but it's really not.
Quote by saxaxe
Meshuggah- Bleed
the only acceptable answer.

And a trigger is a pad you put over the bass drum (or any other drum) so that every time it's hit, it sends a pre-recorded sound to the sound board. Each hit, no matter how hard, sends the same sound. This makes the double bass much less muddy i.e. clearer, but it also makes it easier, since you don't have to hit it as consistently or as hard. Many people consider it cheating, but it's really not.

Yes, hence my reply to Brokntragedy about his accusation of "its hard to tell cuz alot of bands have way fake emulated double bass. IE, as blood runs black. complete garbage." Triggering isn't cheating...