i just got a replacement computer because my other own crashed from a hard drive error. this is a compaq presario with windows XP pro, 40 GB hard drive space, and 448 MB of RAM. the computer is installed with all the latest updates and what not. when not running itunes, the computer runs fairly quickly. however, when i go to plug in my ipod to sync it, it literally takes over 5 minutes just for it to get "docked onto itunes" and an addition 7+ minutes just to start the synching process which is by far the most annoying thing i've ever encountered. in the amount of time that i have to wait to get the ipod docked and synched on this computer, i could've had it all done on my old one WITH time to spare. so im wondering, is there any way possible that itunes could be sped up? if you need to know my specs, i have 36.68 GB of music, 16.30 GB of movies, 12.29 GB of TV shows and 459.4 MB of audiobooks; all of which are stored on a 500GB external hard drive. Thanks!!!
NO.
this thread is now about my gay lover/ sexy hunk of man meat CSI's own Horatio
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Running apps like firefox and itunes at the time can bog down your PC, especially when syncing video or massive amounts of audio.
Quote by guitarman47
i just got a replacement computer because my other own crashed from a hard drive error. this is a compaq presario with windows XP pro, 40 GB hard drive space, and 448 MB of RAM. the computer is installed with all the latest updates and what not. when not running itunes, the computer runs fairly quickly. however, when i go to plug in my ipod to sync it, it literally takes over 5 minutes just for it to get "docked onto itunes" and an addition 7+ minutes just to start the synching process which is by far the most annoying thing i've ever encountered. in the amount of time that i have to wait to get the ipod docked and synched on this computer, i could've had it all done on my old one WITH time to spare. so im wondering, is there any way possible that itunes could be sped up? if you need to know my specs, i have 36.68 GB of music, 16.30 GB of movies, 12.29 GB of TV shows and 459.4 MB of audiobooks; all of which are stored on a 500GB external hard drive. Thanks!!!

DUH?
You're*
Quote by guitarman47

Can computers even have less than 1 GB RAM?
Your computer sucks, you don't even have a gig of RAM, 448, WTF kind of number is that? 64 MB stick..? It's gotta be like five years old! That, and Apple stuff generally teh sux anyways.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
The problem is that you are using Itunes...
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Quote by KwikKopy

hahahah.

Yea dude, upgrade you're ram...hardcore.
Quote by HavokStrife
Your computer sucks, you don't even have a gig of RAM, 448, WTF kind of number is that? 64 MB stick..? It's gotta be like five years old! That, and Apple stuff generally teh sux anyways.

Unless it's running on a Mac computer then it's teh pwnage.
Quote by KwikKopy

My XP/Ubuntu system has 256MB. I just burned out the power supply on it...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

███████████████████████████████████