attention: bad english!

I would appreciate if someone can tell me how can i get this tone of their song "Beer" not the solo part, the upstroke guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gql9220Qon8

I tried many settings on my amp but i still can get that sound .. maybe my guitar is ****ty (B.C Rich Assassin) i even tried Guitar Rig but i cant get a sound similar to this. I did a good research about ska guitar sound and usually everyone says turn the bass to zero and turn all the way up the mids and highs (on a clean channel always)

This song (beer) sounds like it has some kind of distortion or is it just me?? i really liked the guitar tone on their album "turn off the radio" .. they changed their sound now and i m not big fan (of the guitar tone) of course i still like them as band!

thanks
wait....you play ska and you bought a b c rich? why?
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Quote by CemetaryGates90

Clearly because he liked it? I am adamant any guitar can play any genre or style, really. It's up to the player. And the amp.

What amp ya got, TS?

Maybe try and search what Reel Big Fish uses - like, their pedals, amps, etc.

Did you Google that? You'd be surprised what comes up.
Quote by CemetaryGates90

it was a present .. but yeah i m saving up money at the moment to buy a Strat or Gretsch Country Club
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Clearly because he liked it? I am adamant any guitar can play any genre or style, really. It's up to the player. And the amp.

What amp ya got, TS?

Maybe try and search what Reel Big Fish uses - like, their pedals, amps, etc.

Did you Google that? You'd be surprised what comes up.

a ****ty amp .. Kustom Solo 16R .. yeah i guess i need a new guitar PLUS a new amp ..