im lookin for a cheap explorer guitar im not very picky and my budget is 400-500 bucks canadian
any suggestions??
Quote by powerhead
It's just an easy way to shift blame as always. If Slipknot caused people to get murdered, then spoons caused Rosie O'Donnell to get fat.

MY LISTಠ_ಠ
--(Matt)--
cmalm04
dwmacfar2
Uhm.....maybe an epiphone explorer?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

sick thx guys
Quote by powerhead
It's just an easy way to shift blame as always. If Slipknot caused people to get murdered, then spoons caused Rosie O'Donnell to get fat.

MY LISTಠ_ಠ
--(Matt)--
cmalm04
dwmacfar2
search ebay and craigslist for a gibson. and maybe save up a little more. ive played both epi and gibson explorers. and the epi's just arent the same. the shape is slightly different too.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
idk if they are still made but the Slammer by Hamer explorer my bro had seemed pretty good for the money. solidly built, i however cannot comment on its sound and playability.
well which kind is best for metal? or are they all pretty much the same for metal?
Quote by powerhead

MY LISTಠ_ಠ
--(Matt)--
cmalm04
dwmacfar2
oh, lookin to play t3h br00t4lz, eh?

Epi Explorer or the Ltd EX is your best bet. Probably the EX though, as they come with either EMGs or Seymour Duncans depending on the model. In my experience, Dean quality is horrible. It's almost on the level of Behringer in terms of build quality and reliability. As ugly as I find the Ltd EX to be, if you're looking to play strictly metal, then the EX is the way to go.

EDIT: The EX only has the choice of EMGs or the stock ESP pickups. Also consider the FX. Basically the same as the EX, but in a natural wood finish. Rather glorious-looking if ya ask me.
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Feb 13, 2009,
i think pretty much any guitar with midgain or higher humbuckers can do metal. its more in the amp if sounds "metal" or not. les paul&6505---metal soloist&twinreverb-----notmetal