Page 1 of 2
And I need some recommendations from you guys for more....

Lol, I'm saying "pussy music" jokingly (and i mean no offence to anybody) because Im usually a diehard metal fanatic listening to bands such as Iced Earth, At the Gates, Sadus, etc....

But now i've just been listenig to lighter stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hyoszso38E - Weezer - Island in the Sun
(i've been listening to this for about half and hour, nonstop)

Also:
Fastball - The Way
Gorillaz - Kids With Guns and 19-2000
Type O Negative - September Sun

So I beseech thee pit, please give me more songs like Island in the Sun or the others I listed!!!!
kill yourself.

then listen to the beatles.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
Quote by Shadow_Hawk
kill yourself.

then listen to the beatles.

Haha, yeah, of course i've listened to the beatles already, but Island in the Sun just seems perfect right now...Im lookin for other songs like that one (not the beatles)
Coldplay, Weezer, Jason Mraz, The fray are lighter bands that i like alot.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Pantera - Walk

get back in to metal

NAOW
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Jason Mraz
Death Cab For Cutie
Tokyo Police Club
The postal service

All solid lighter groups.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
if u don't want it that heavy

Racer X
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Quote by AToolCircle93
In a word?

Metal

whats wrong with that?

You know, I said "pussy music" as a joke that made fun of ME and OTHER METAL LISTENERS because I do admit, sometimes we are stubborn and dont listen to something lighter and call it pussy music whether its good or not. I am not that way however

If its not because of that, and its only becauase I listen to metal, then you are the douche my friend
lol look at these metal heads.. your starting to like music that most ppl actually like
although i do like metal i only listen to it with my door shut and blinds closed

if u like weezer..
the pixies-where is my mind
pink floyd any song.. im sure uv listened to them before
our lady peace
oasis
kings of leon-use somebody -awesome song
goo goo dolls
treble charger - dont believe it all, quite unknown band outside of canada, a lil oldschool now but they are awesome
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Oh, and by the way, thanks you guys for the recommendations, but could you give me some more specific songs? Its hard to find the real gems when I have to look through a bunch of songs through a bands discography
the darkness

you will never experience anything like that anywhere else

HeavyEdit: oh specific songs, try "growing on me" or "one way ticket to hell"
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Last edited by heavyairship at Feb 12, 2009,
oh this might be the wrong type of rock you want but these guys are top notch

3 doors down, again a lil older but best songs imo:
1. kryptonite
2.here without you
3.away from the sun

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Sounds more like you're learning towards something more 90's-ish, but here's some stuff that jumped to my mind. Some of it may be a little more upbeat than what you've got, but I think it'll work.

Try:
Everclear - I Will Buy You a New Life
Everlast - What It's Like
Del Amitri - Roll to Me
Weezer - Perfect Situation
Spin Doctors - Two Princes
Eagle-Eye Cherry - Stay Tonight
Elliott Smith. Download... I mean purchase his discography now.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by archangels666
Sounds more like you're learning towards something more 90's-ish , but here's some stuff that jumped to my mind. Some of it may be a little more upbeat than what you've got, but I think it'll work.

Try:
Del Amitri - Roll to Me

EXACTLY!!!
I hadn't thought if it like that, but that's exactly what im leaning towards! 90-ish songs! (i've been listeing to a lot of grunge too, lol)
Quote by archangels666
Sounds more like you're learning towards something more 90's-ish, but here's some stuff that jumped to my mind. Some of it may be a little more upbeat than what you've got, but I think it'll work.

Try:
Del Amitri - Roll to Me

Everclear ftw
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Smashing Pumpkins and
Soundgarden, FTW
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

GREATEST
PIC
OF
LIFE

you just won the thread. a round of applause is in order *fap fap fa......CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

TF2 Player?
ooooh grunge eh..

pearl jam, alice in chains, nirvana, smashing pumpkins, soundgarden, foo fightas(older stuff is better)

interstate love song by stone temple pilots.. one of my fav grunge songs tehre are U gota check er out

gettin into grunge your enterin some of the sickest music there is (imo that is metalheads...............................)

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
The most metal thing you could do is listen to whatever the fuc.k you want, and not give a **** about what other people will think because of your musical preferences. If you're insecure enough to start a thread like this, you probably are a douche...
EDIT: I was listening to music today, and it went from Deicide to Mika.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Last edited by NakedBassist at Feb 12, 2009,
90sish eh.

oasis- wonderwall
U2- gone
the flaming lips- the W.A.N.D

thats all i got, im not that into 90s stuff
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
I'll say it one more time. Elliott Smith.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by NakedBassist
The most metal thing you could do is listen to whatever the fuc.k you want, and not give a **** about what other people will think because of your musical preferences. If you're insecure enough to start a thread like this, you probably are a douche...
EDIT: I was listening to music today, and it went from Deicide to Mika.

Dude, I gladly tell people I listen to Death Metal, Im not ashamed of it AT ALL... its just now, I really want some music that will make me feel happy...and I find it through these songs you guys are giving me.. Its not like I stopped listening to metal, I still listen to it ALOT, its just im branching out more.
If anything, I would be more insecure if I asked for metal, seeing as this board is way favored towards metal....
SO I DO LISTEN TO WHAT I WANT TO, IM NOT DOING THIS TO "BE COOL", I REALLY LIKE IT.

BTW- I've already listened to all that grunge stuff...soundgarden, AIC, nirvana, stone temple pilots, etc.
Last edited by eddiethehead888 at Feb 12, 2009,
TS, just go to pitchforkmedia.com (the rolling stone of "pussy music") and download the top 10 albums on their 90's list.

but skip loveless and nevermind because you're looking for pussy music
Quote by eddiethehead888
Dude, I gladly tell people I listen to Death Metal, Im not ashamed of it AT ALL... its just now, I really want some music that will make me feel happy...and I find it through these songs you guys are giving me.. Its not like I stopped listening to metal, I still listen to it ALOT, its just im branching out more.
If anything, I would be more insecure if I asked for metal, seeing as this board is way favored towards metal....
SO I DO LISTEN TO WHAT I WANT TO, IM NOT DOING THIS TO "BE COOL", I REALLY LIKE IT.

BTW- I've already listened to all that grunge stuff...soundgarden, AIC, nirvana, stone temple pilots, etc.

Okay... well if you're trying to feel happy, then don't listen to Elliott Smith. I suggest you should check him out sometime though. I think you need the Decemberists right now. They always cheer me up.

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Okay... well if you're trying to feel happy, then don't listen to Elliott Smith. I suggest you should check him out sometime though. I think you need the Decemberists right now. They always cheer me up.

Alrighty It takes a long time to look up the songs you guys have told me, so I haven't look up Elliot Smith, but im lookin up The Decemberists now

Not necessarily happy music either, but also mellow stuff like September Sun, or Kids With Guns
Jimi Hendrix's Axis: Bold as love, album has a lot of songs like this.

Definitely worth checking out if you haven't before.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by dethead666
How about listening to heavy metal instead of your "pussy metal"

What?! I do listen to lots of metal, death/thrash/power/and doom mainly. Bands like Iced Earth, Anata, Firewind, Candlemass, Sadus, Quo Vadis...

I just want a break from that, im listening to lighter stuff now thats not metal.

Lol, I kinda regret making the "pussy music" joke, it was only meant as a joke and it made fun of ME, but some of you aren't reading my posts that say that, or are just simply judging me because of that joke
Quote by eddiethehead888
What?! I do listen to lots of metal, death/thrash/power/and doom mainly. Bands like Iced Earth, Anata, Firewind, Candlemass, Sadus, Quo Vadis...

I just want a break from that, im listening to lighter stuff now thats not metal.

Lol, I kinda regret making the "pussy music" joke, it was only meant as a joke and it made fun of ME, but some of you aren't reading my posts that say that, or are just simply judging me because of that joke

Rawww Hendrix!

And of course Pink Floyd
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Page 1 of 2