Page 1 of 2
so I'm getting some beautiful folds of flab in me old belly now. i'm walking everywhere instead of driving, and eating more carefully, can anyone give any other advice? simple workout stuff maybe? any tips would be greatly appreciated. i dont wanna be fat thanks! haha
Weight train, go running. Or just except the extra little meat you've got on your bones.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
kut it off with scissors?!
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
use your fat to your advantage!
GEAR

VOX AC15 / AC4
Fender MIM Sunburst Strat
epiphone les paul custom in white
Yamaha FG730s
The Tweak-O fuzz pedal
Run fat boy, run.

Seriously, though, run and swim.
Wrong thread for this btw.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Quote by ygokazuki
so I'm getting some beautiful folds of flab in me old belly now. i'm walking everywhere instead of driving, and eating more carefully, can anyone give any other advice? simple workout stuff maybe? any tips would be greatly appreciated. i dont wanna be fat thanks! haha

You can't target fat loss.
But any cardio would work.
███████████████████████████████████
Quote by mitchellator
Cardio is the key

true dat.

I run every day after i lift weights
"For Us, For Them, For You"
Yes, run till you puke
then run more
until you puke again
then do 50 pushups
you'll either die or be the fittest person ever
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
You can't lose fat in just one area.

-Drop your carbs like crazy, increase protein and healthy fats intake

-Cardio. High intensity interval training is useful
Go hiking. Its fun plus it's great for your body...
In heaven, all interesting people are absent.
I hear DIY liposuction isn't too hard.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
the main thing you should do is cut out all sweets/snacks/soft drinks. eat the three main meals and leave it at that. that plus even modest cardio a few times a week and you'll loose it in no time.
Eat/drink healthy.
Do some simple cardio stuff, like running up and down the road, ride a bike regularly, and the like.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Eat only 3 meals a day. I usually just eat only food that I hate, because chances are if I hate it, it's healthy.

Also, laugh a lot. Some sites say 10 minutes of laughter has the same effect as 7 minutes on a rowing machine. Others say it has the same effect as 30 minutes.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Feb 13, 2009,
Quote by scguitarking927
weights, and cardio. And as long as you burn more than what you eat, it really doesn't matter to much as far as what you eat. It might not be healthy food, but you can eat what you want

No.

Quote by ethan_hanus
everyday you wake up, do 20 push ups and 20 sit ups, and every week, increase the amount you do by five, i'm curently doing this because i'm really out of shape, it sucks, i cant even do 10 pull ups without pulling a muscl anymore..

No.

Quote by irishman
the main thing you should do is cut out all sweets/snacks/soft drinks. eat the three main meals and leave it at that. that plus even modest cardio a few times a week and you'll loose it in no time.

No.

Quote by Sammm1
Do some situps. ALOT of situps.

NO.

We want to burn fat, not build muscle. What good are situps going to do? All that's going to do is strengthen the muscle underneath your fat.

TS, you're doing all you're supposed to do. Eat better, do cardio. That's IT. People, obviously, get the idea that you need to lift weights to lose weight, but that's like putting new strings on a guitar with a warped neck. What good are stronger muscles going to do when they're still sitting beneath all that extra fat?

And instead of eating three meals, eat 6-8 smaller ones. Have a thing and some stuff, like a turkey sandwich (wheat bread FTW) and a banana, or a piece of meat and a salad. Graze, man, graze. Nuts are great, and I've been digging dried fruit and banana chips. It gives you the freedom of eating something whenever you gosh darn please, and, for some reason that's beyond my understanding, better (ie, weight lossier) than just eating three meals.

In all honesty, as long as you're eating 1,800 calories, it probably doesn't make that much of a difference where you get them from. I'm able to eat shitty foods if I want and not lose any ground. I'm no expert, all I know is I'm about 15 pounds lighter than I was this time last month.

EDIT: It's also worth pointing out that my blood pressure is so ridiculously high that, on doctor's orders, I'm not allowed to exercise. Yet, eating like I am, I'm still losing weight. Think about it, there's a reason nutritional labels are all based on a 2,000 calorie diet; you burn calories doing anything and everything. You burn calories sleeping. That's why you lose weight when you don't eat, you're still burning calories even if you're not working out. Clicking a mouse button a million-some-odd times burns a pound. Any and all weight loss comes down to one incredibly simple concept: burn more calories than you eat.
You're*
Last edited by Survivalism at Feb 13, 2009,
Quote by Survivalism

We want to burn fat, not build muscle. What good are situps going to do? All that's going to do is strengthen the muscle underneath your fat.

TS, you're doing all you're supposed to do. Eat better, do cardio. That's IT. People, obviously, get the idea that you need to lift weights to lose weight, but that's like putting new strings on a guitar with a warped neck. What good are stronger muscles going to do when they're still sitting beneath all that extra fat?

Incorrect. Lifting weights is also great cardio exercise and high rep (Chad Waterbury 10x3 for example) is great for fat burning, as are most fullbody workouts....

Quote by Survivalism

And instead of eating three meals, eat 6-8 smaller ones. Have a thing and some stuff, like a turkey sandwich (wheat bread FTW) and a banana, or a piece of meat and a salad. Graze, man, graze. Nuts are great, and I've been digging dried fruit and banana chips. It gives you the freedom of eating something whenever you gosh darn please, and, for some reason that's beyond my understanding, better (ie, weight lossier) than just eating three meals.

In all honesty, as long as you're eating 1,800 calories, it probably doesn't make that much of a difference where you get them from. I'm able to eat shitty foods if I want and not lose any ground. I'm no expert, all I know is I'm about 15 pounds lighter than I was this time last month.

Bad advice, solely counting calories is going to do f**k all. You need a healthy balanced diet containing good quality carbs (in moderation), protein and healthy fats. Carry on eating s**t and a in a few years time (as your metabolism slows down) you'll end up a fat tw*t... Your dietary habits need to change as you change, and getting into good eating habits at a young age is key.

I suggest the TS looks at his Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR): BMR Calculator then start eating around 200 - 250 calories below this.

Quote by Survivalism
EDIT: It's also worth pointing out that my blood pressure is so ridiculously high that, on doctor's orders, I'm not allowed to exercise. Yet, eating like I am, I'm still losing weight. Think about it, there's a reason nutritional labels are all based on a 2,000 calorie diet; you burn calories doing anything and everything. You burn calories sleeping. That's why you lose weight when you don't eat, you're still burning calories even if you're not working out. Clicking a mouse button a million-some-odd times burns a pound. Any and all weight loss comes down to one incredibly simple concept: burn more calories than you eat.

I agree with that last statement wholeheartedly...

SH
I'm hardly the best person to get weight loss advice from, but I'd say do lots of sit-ups.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Diet is the main factor with any weight loss.

Lower your carb intake and up the protein.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
As other people have said, you can't target fatloss, you've gotta loose fat all over.
As a general rule of thumb;
Men gain more fat around the belly
Women gain more fat around the hips and bum

Just keep up what your doing, eating healthy and maybe less (depends on if you where eating in excess beforehand), excercising (most people tend to jog and/or swim, I say do both them and also if you can take up a sport, like football or something, even just as a muck-around with your friends, it will still help). If you keep it up, within a month you should notice a difference in your weight and maybe physically too.

You want to loose fat slowly and steadily, rather than drop it all quickly on some fad diet, because most of the time as soon as a person finnishes the fad diet, they gain most of the weight back because they go back to eating the crap they ate before hand.
try a vegetarian diet for a week or two while exercising a bit more, it should help a lot
#57 of the Alter Bridge Fan Club
buy a knife and a vacum cleaner

then needles and thread
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
most of these people are wrong

drink lots of water

obv exercise, and dont starve yourself or "cut carbs", eat lots of healthy food to regulate metabolism so your body doesn't hold on to fat to feed itself.

complex carbs are good, just dont eat junk dude

caloric intake =60% carbs, 20%protein 20%fat (good fat, omega 3)
You people are idiots, sit-ups do NOT make you lose weight (they train your abdominal muscles and nothing else).

Cardio is the only answer. Running, skipping, cycling, swimming etc.

Do any of these as hard/fast as you can (if your heart rate isn't up then you won't burn calories). Also, diet. stay away from carbs (this is straight from my gym instructor).
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Lose the weight: Run, swim, cycle.
Tone afterwards: Situps, pilates.

Done!
404: Sig not found.
take it from a guy who just got finished losing 50 pounds, stop eating junk food completely and run a lot
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
soccer is the key, i started playing again in january right after the fat christmas/new years feasts, and now im in so fit again, you wont believe, because i weight train first, and then i go play for like 2-3 and it works on everything cardio, footwork, upper body strength cmon man its the ultimate answer.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
running + situps
people saying not to do situps are wrong. it clearly works if you do them. you're always going to get different sets of experts giving 2 different answers to every nutritional/fitness myth so you just have to do what seems like common sense. to me, this is running/swimming + situps.
note: running alone doesn't work and weights aren't essential.
doing weights couldn't hurt for looking good either.

edit: also, eat healthy foods. the guy saying you can eat anything as long as it has the correct amount of calories is wrong! fatty foods are going to have a completely different effect to protein, especially since protein builds muscle and repairs it where as fats aren't notorious for this.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Last edited by untalented at Feb 13, 2009,
do bicycle sit ups lol i swear man **** was killer when i used to do 'em at hockey practice...
Run at a lower intensity. Keep your pulse rate in the 60%-70% region of your MAXIMUM heart rate (220-your age)

Keep it there for as long as possible. About an hour a day is good. Science behind this is that you aren't working hard enough to get your body to beast **** out of all your blood sugar, but you're just working hard enough to burn calories - which comes back to use more calories than you eat. I'm not going to pretend to understand this, but I know it to be very effective.

Combine this with interval training - sprint down the length of a football pitch, jog down the width to recover, then sprint again. Pyramid sets of this work well (sprint 5 times, then rest, then do 4 sets, then 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Boxing training is also great cardio, as is rowing.
Doing sit ups and shite will just build up muscle under the fat and make you look even fatter
Eat less of what you're already eating and run a few miles a day. Easy.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Page 1 of 2