Yea you need to have that fixed. That happened with my first guitar, I couldn't get anything except a buzz to come out. It turns out I had a broken wire in my input jack as well as a broken one under one of my pickups. Just take it to a local guitar store and have them look at it, and they should be able to fix it.
clean up that mess of wire. Looks like the mess might be able to touch the tip of cable but I doubt it. Maybe the end of your cable?? First photo looks like the white lead wire is touching the jack. Maybe a ground problem there. Try to keep the wires form the jack as much as possible. See if that helps. But get rid of that jumble mess of ground wire!
when tightening a loose jack.

two wires. white to hot black to ground (usually)
and the ground is the innermost lug.

you'll want a $12 soldering iron kit.

in your case, after looking at that pic. the white (hot) is still connected.

the black is just a tip of frayed bits. so you need to cut away at the sleeve a little, expose and twist the black wire into one wire bundle. tin it, and attach it to the other lug.

a ten min job.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 13, 2009,
Well it seems that the white tip was barely hanging on and it broke off today with the slightest touch =/
Quote by area5x1
Well it seems that the white tip was barely hanging on and it broke off today with the slightest touch =/

well you're soldering one wire. might as well solder two.

now that it's off, you can skin the wires a little better, and make better connections
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011