ok, so maybe this is bad luck, but every olympic white strat i have come across in a store has this horrible yellowing color to it, like it has been under the lights too long, or had smoke blown on to it for a few years. These are all the new models I am looking at. Now whenever I see a picture of one online, they have the gorgeous white color that I'm searching for. I'm looking to buy a american strat soon. my first was a beautiful crappy white squire with a rosewood fretboard. I would like to get another like it, but with a maple fretboard, but i do not want to get one if it is going to turn this horrible yellow in a short matter of time. If this happens over 30 years or so, which i'm guessing it probably should, i'm ok with it. Just not when I first buy it. Anyone else come across this, or is this just bad luck?
thats the color . im guessing its susposed to look like that. you try looking at some artic white strats.
faded to cream baby.
I personally like it.
███████████████████████████████████
they don't make an american artic white strat unfortunately. i'm ok with the olympic, if i can find one that looks as white as the pics on fender's site, and musician's friend, and zzsounds, etc....don't like the cream...looks like urine!!!
Last edited by scarecrow937 at Feb 12, 2009,
You won't, you'll only find ones like that, it's designed to do that. You can get it re-painted to be Arctic White, but I don't think they make Arcic White MIA strats.
That's what Olympic White looks like in person.

Here's the Fender Color Chart
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
on the color chart, it looks as if the artic white has that yellowing to it, and the olympic looks like the white white that i want, i still don't get why they look yellow in person so fast then. am i the only one seeing this......i must be color blind!!!
its relic-ing itself now all u have to do is leave the hardware in the sun and but the knobs in a pot of coffee
Yeah, white Strats seem to have that kinda look.

Best just to look at the Fender Color Chart.

My Arctic White MIM has a little yellow look too (more of a cream) but it looks right according to the color chart.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
nonono, i don't want the artic and i don't want the cream look. i think you guys are misunderstanding me, re-read the original posts please.
i think the olympic white is the true white, the arctic is the creamish color one.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by gnaraaron
i think the olympic white is the true white, the arctic is the creamish color one.

Nope. Compare a MIA Oly White Strat to a MIM Arctic one; the Arctic one is almost a pure white wihle the Olympic is a vintage sort of white. I have an olympic pearl Deluxe and it's more champaign than white.
Quote by scarecrow937
nonono, i don't want the artic and i don't want the cream look. i think you guys are misunderstanding me, re-read the original posts please.

What are you 5 and demanding what kind of candy you wanted?

Here's a fun fact....
ALL white guitars will fade with time and turn into a creme color

This used to be white, not creme...white! Get over it
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80

Here's a fun fact....

(Invalid img)

Just another reason why I should shell out some cash and pick one of these things up.Very nice guitar my friend

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Thanks.
Shelling out cash you'd hardly need to do. I bought that one for $240. Average price they go for is around $300-$400 depending on the seller. Not bad for an ESP made axe with a German OFR
Quote by DSOTM80
Thanks.
Shelling out cash you'd hardly need to do. I bought that one for $240. Average price they go for is around $300-$400 depending on the seller. Not bad for an ESP made axe with a German OFR

Wow,that's good news indeed.Any specific models/years I should look for? I know some are American made then others are Korean models,but that's about it.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Wow,that's good news indeed.Any specific models/years I should look for? I know some are American made then others are Korean models,but that's about it.

Geez I'd hate to hijack a thread but...

Pacer, Baretta etc are American line. Focus is Japanese line. Striker and Aerostar were Korean plywood low-end crap Pacer Deluxe (H-S-S w/ OFR) for some reason don't resale for as much so $450-$500 is a good deal on them. Focus line are Japanese import versions of the American line pretty much, put an SD in there and you're pretty much on par with them especially the later 80's models. vintagekramer.com will tell you the rest.

...and to not be hijacking.

Threadstarter your white is gonna fade, theres nothing you can do about it. NA NA NA NA NA NA!!!
Quote by DSOTM80
Geez I'd hate to hijack a thread but...

Pacer, Baretta etc are American line. Focus is Japanese line. Striker and Aerostar were Korean plywood low-end crap Pacer Deluxe (H-S-S w/ OFR) for some reason don't resale for as much so $450-$500 is a good deal on them. Focus line are Japanese import versions of the American line pretty much, put an SD in there and you're pretty much on par with them especially the later 80's models. vintagekramer.com will tell you the rest.

...and to not be hijacking.

Threadstarter your white is gonna fade, theres nothing you can do about it. NA NA NA NA NA NA!!!

While looking around on ebay I found a 1986 focus 6000 with an HSS config,FR trem,and the original HSC in great condition with a $380 BIN,any thoughts/opinions on this one?

Also,it was white,but now it's creme

Quote by DSOTM80
Got a link?

SHAZAM!

1986 Kramer Focus

I got the BIN wrong somehow,it's actually 399,I guess it pays to read properly

Ah thats the one I found also. Sent you a pm just now
Quote by DSOTM80

Here's a fun fact....

ok, no i'm not five, just looking for some simple advice....what i was asking in the original post was.....i'm ok with the change over time from white to cream, i really am, but are they all that cream color already when you first purchase them? I'm looking for one that is as white as i can possibly get, however, the ones i keep coming across in store are already almost yellow, like they have been sitting in a smokey room for 30 years. is this a fluke, or are they all already that yellow fresh off the shelf. my confusion is the pictures on fender's website etc......they all look perfectly white.

I do appreciate everyone's patience, as i know this is a very specific question and i'm being really uptight about getting an exact answer. i just figured if anyone knew the answer to this, it would be here. i appreciate a good color fade, just don't want it purchased new that way, or to have that fade occur in a few months. that kramer fade is beautiful, but i'm guessing it didn't come overnight, i'd like a little bit of time with the fresh guitar look.
then get a MIM arctic white strat, saves you money and you get the bright white you want
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by tona_107
faded to cream baby.
I personally like it.
Me too. I like "ugly" Strats more than 'pretty" ones.
Hell, my Strat is brown with yellowed dials and pickups!
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by scarecrow937
ok, no i'm not five, just looking for some simple advice....what i was asking in the original post was.....i'm ok with the change over time from white to cream, i really am, but are they all that cream color already when you first purchase them? I'm looking for one that is as white as i can possibly get, however, the ones i keep coming across in store are already almost yellow, like they have been sitting in a smokey room for 30 years. is this a fluke, or are they all already that yellow fresh off the shelf. my confusion is the pictures on fender's website etc......they all look perfectly white.

I do appreciate everyone's patience, as i know this is a very specific question and i'm being really uptight about getting an exact answer. i just figured if anyone knew the answer to this, it would be here. i appreciate a good color fade, just don't want it purchased new that way, or to have that fade occur in a few months. that kramer fade is beautiful, but i'm guessing it didn't come overnight, i'd like a little bit of time with the fresh guitar look.

Well on the Fender site Olympic white looks pure white where as Arctic white has some creme in it already. They shouldn't have fading to them that quick, I'd talk to someone at the store and if they don't have it then order it. Mine has faded over time, its an '86 so it took some time. I like it, does its own little relic job. Of course exposure to direct sunlight will speed up the process. Also keep in mind to view the guitar under sunlight not the store lights, could be throwing you off there also a bit.
cool, i'll check that out (sunlight vs crappy halogens), maybe the ones i saw were just a bad batch. i guess i'll just have the store order me a new one and tell them i want to do the "relic-ing" myself. the models i saw were at a guitar center, so i'm sure they've been through all kinds of hell! Thanks for the help DSOTM.

btw, beautiful Kramer, a player and a show piece!......the two point floyd rose is a nice touch, as well as the slanted humbucker. i have a Charvel with a early version of a dimebucker slanted like that. i find it has a nice even EQ across the 6 string spread.
Last edited by scarecrow937 at Feb 15, 2009,