Hey guys, calling out Iron Maiden junkies! I am looking to tackle my first maiden song and looking for suggestions. I'm playing about 14 months so most of them might be above me right now. Any suggestions on which ones to start with? I don't want to go through 12 albums of tabs! Thanks!!!
Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus w/ '60s neck
Ibanez JEM 7V
Jackson SL2H Soloist
PRS Singlecut SE
Marshall JVM410h
Marshall 1960a 4x12
Line 6 Pod x3 Live
Honestly, the first Maiden song I learned was "Fear of the Dark." It's not to terribly difficult.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
The trooper. It's only galloping for most of the song. I've learned all but the solo so far.
In response to my admission of Virginity:
Quote by RPGoof
We're all virgins here, don't worry.
Ghost of the navigator!
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
I just played through run to the hill and it looks attainable. The solo scared me a bit until i noticed in this case fast doesn't mean hard. Thanks for the posts guys!
Ibanez JEM 7V
Jackson SL2H Soloist
PRS Singlecut SE
Marshall JVM410h
Marshall 1960a 4x12
Line 6 Pod x3 Live
Benjamin Breeg!!!!

No, i'm kidding.
In response to my admission of Virginity:
Quote by RPGoof
We're all virgins here, don't worry.
Quote by holden93
Honestly, the first Maiden song I learned was "Fear of the Dark." It's not to terribly difficult.

agreed
As said, Fear Of The Dark and Number Of The Beast are fairly doable for a beginner.
Run To The Hills looks pretty nice too, but I haven't tried it.
The major problem with FotD is that it appears to be so much at one time.
I'd suggest the Learn To Play Iron Maiden DVD from licklibrary too, I tried NotB off of it when I started palying but you'll need the basics down first, however.
Run to the Hills took me about 20 minutes until I had the whole thing down. The only stump to get past was the solo speed, but it is just the Em pentatonic so it was all a matter of shredding and landing on the right notes, heh.

Powerslave tomorrow. I have the first solo down, but Dave's is too hard for me. Then Number of the Beast!
Ibanez JEM 7V
Jackson SL2H Soloist
PRS Singlecut SE
Marshall JVM410h
Marshall 1960a 4x12
Line 6 Pod x3 Live
The trooper, it isnt very hard, just start at a lower tempo and build up. within 2-3 days u'll be up and running of course im not talking about the solo though
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
Flight of Icarus and Wrathchild are relatively "easy".
There's my way and the wrong way.
Definitely those two, Wrathchild is probably the easiest though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Once you get past the rhythm of the first lick in Iron Maiden, its a really easy song.

And I guess every song is great to learn, but the later stuff will give the biggest challenges I think.
First song I recently learned of Iron Maiden was Fear of the Dark. The second one was The Trooper, I have all but the solos down. I only need to get my timing on a couple parts better. Learn Aces High as well, I'm surprised no one has suggested it. It's actually very easy.
Quote by holden93

+1 nice place to start learning alternate picking as well.