Poll: Do you think everyone has thought/will think about suicide at least once?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you think everyone has thought/will think about suicide at least once?
Yes
106 74%
No
37 26%
Voters: 143.
Page 1 of 2
...killing yourself? Just curious if anyone else ever had the thought. The reason I ask is because I remember in psychology, my teacher told us that everyone has thought/will think about it at least once at some point in their life. I personally think its true. What does the Pit think?
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by heaven's gate

omg
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by heaven's gate

HAHAHA THANK YOU FOR THAT!!!! And no I don't agree unless something drastic happens to my life...but until then not likely.
Depressing
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Mine: About 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch.

Yours: 4.5 inches.
I did back when I was a silly emo kid.

But now I just think about killing other people.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
No.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
im gonna have to say no. I think people that end up killing themselves are overreacting
I'm Steve
Kind of, once I thought of how stupid it'd be.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
im gonna have to say no. I think people that end up killing themselves are overreacting

You are full of intelligent posts today aren't you? Yes, every single person in the history of man kind who has killed himself is overreacting. Every single one of them. It is not that their problems have got the better of them, and that they cannot cope anymore, its an overreaction.

And TS, yes, I have seriously thought about it. I do about once a week. Severe depression ftw

Sanity is not statistical
No. I mean, I've been really stressed at some point and just wanted everything to stop, but I also wanted to get an anchor tattoo on my chest just because Anthony Green has one.
What kind of psychology class are you taking?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by InvaderTSN
Yeah. I don't have the balls to do it, though. That and I love breathing. Breathing is kickass, amiright?

I breath errday. I think I'm addicted.
Quote by Irnmaiden4life

Goddamn, you're stupid.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
im pretty sure everyone has... even if they say they havnt i bet they have.. even the ppl who seem the happiest fall into slumps occasionally

now attempting or planning on the other hand is completely different and should be taken extremely seriously. in a very not good way that is
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's okay to be addicted, though. It feels so good.

I tried to quit cold turkey one time, I had the most horrible withdrawal symptoms before I finally cracked and gave in to my dirty habit.
Yeah a lot of people who end up killing themselves are overreacting. Some aren't. A large percentage of people that I knew that ended up committing suicide did it for petty reasons. But there are a smaller percentage who actually are at their very last straw, like if their whole family was killed or something huge but like many people do it because they can't make friends or get rejected by society. THATs overreacting.
I'm Steve
There is no proof, so its just a hypothesis, so, think about what your teachers say. They sometimes state things that don't have any proof whatsoever, and state them as if they're proven fact. Its just their opinion.

So heres my proofless untestable opinion, I don't think everyone will think or have thought about committing suicide. Maybe depends on personality type whether they do or not. My opinion.
I've been given hell all my life for years now. Well, I learn to accept it. I realized there are some friends and people who care about me, and I can't let that happen to them
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Yeah a lot of people who end up killing themselves are overreacting. Some aren't. A large percentage of people that I knew that ended up committing suicide did it for petty reasons. But there are a smaller percentage who actually are at their very last straw, like if their whole family was killed or something huge but like many people do it because they can't make friends or get rejected by society. THATs overreacting.

They may be petty reasons for you. You don't know how they feel.
Quote by creeping.death!
They may be petty reasons for you. You don't know how they feel.

i've felt bad before
I'm Steve
Suicidal depression and "feeling bad" are two completely different things.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
There is a difference between suicidal depression and sadness. I've been there. You're sad when you get dumped by your girlfriend or when you watch a heartbreaking film. That's sad. The level of emotion you feel when you have the gun in your hand is an abyss of darkness, a place where you can't see or feel. You want to die because there is nothing there, plain and simple. It's a real nostalgic feeling, something like living in a lost memory.

It happened to me two years ago. My mom had died of a cerebral aneurysm. Thing was, I had fallen asleep in the house while she had the stroke...it wasn't until I woke up an hour later that I had found her basically dead. The doctors had said that she might have had a chance if she was put in surgery earlier to reduce the brain swelling. I thought the reason my mom died was because I ****ing fell asleep. I put all the blame on myself and couldn't reach out to anything or anyone. I drank heavily. I had terrible nightmares. I wandered around life a like a desolate zombie, unable to bond with the same people I knew so closely before. I broke up with the only girl I loved, because it was like I didn't know her anymore. I had loss the one element in life that humanity needs to survive - and that was emotion. I had had enough of it. I went into my dad's room and loaded up his 9mm and cocked it. I didn't even write a note or anything. I was ready to die. It was then that I realized I would have put the same damn thing I was experiencing and injected it into my father tenfold. I put the gun down and just dealt with my depression.

I never saw a psychiatrist or anything like that. The only thing that helped was time. I became somewhat of an alcoholic and still kind of have a drinking problem. I am better and being with people now, but I still feel distant and alone towards everybody. It's getting alot better though, thanks to people I have met and the care of my family and friends.

You guys can flame me all you want, as I know the pit is known for it's apathy. But for all you guys out there that think there's no way out, there isn't. Just try to put yourself out there with someone, as you might not know who your saviour may be. For me, it was the gal I ended it with. I came back to her with nothing and she brought me back up to some sort of human being. Time can heal as well. Just be strong and fight your demons with the constitution and vitality of your own will. Find something that you can express your inner feelings with, whether that be writing, playing music, or even getting into film. Anything that can be an outlet for expression can help leaps and bounds. After my mom's death, I became flooded with literature. Anything worth reading I got my hands on and began to explore the depths of the mind and emotion. It can help you understand that **** that is going around you.

Anyone having problems like this, don't be afraid to PM me. I'd be glad to help you out. It would humble me to improve your situation.

cheers.
I've thought about it. I'd never do it though.
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
Think about it, all the time.

Seriously consider it, never.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Well yeah otherwise you would never know that you dont want to do it. Anyways yea i have thought about it but like not in a **** my life type way just i wonder what would happen or i wonder if i'd be able to. It's just a curious thing.
yeah i've thought about suicide but then i think of my parents and i realise i would really be a complete arsehole if i did it.

oh, and i still have lots to live for.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
sometimes i lie awake in bed at night for hours and ponder my life so far and i think to myself "why haven't I?" i just keep telling myself things will go my way eventually.
everyday when i have to wake up at 5am. and then i wake up during the day and totally think its the most random thing ever to think of. and then it happens the next day, and the next, and the next...... lol prly because i have chronic insomnia and never get sleep.
No, and I never will. No matter what.

I was blessed with life, and I want to live it like it should be, not take my own life before it's time. People who kill themselves, no matter how troubled, are selfish twats who put themselves out of misery, but plunge their loved ones into it.

I love life, I will never kill myself.
Last edited by Oh Shize at Feb 13, 2009,
Quote by apollo minor
There is a difference between suicidal depression and sadness. I've been there. You're sad when you get dumped by your girlfriend or when you watch a heartbreaking film. That's sad. The level of emotion you feel when you have the gun in your hand is an abyss of darkness, a place where you can't see or feel. You want to die because there is nothing there, plain and simple. It's a real nostalgic feeling, something like living in a lost memory.

It happened to me two years ago. My mom had died of a cerebral aneurysm. Thing was, I had fallen asleep in the house while she had the stroke...it wasn't until I woke up an hour later that I had found her basically dead. The doctors had said that she might have had a chance if she was put in surgery earlier to reduce the brain swelling. I thought the reason my mom died was because I ****ing fell asleep. I put all the blame on myself and couldn't reach out to anything or anyone. I drank heavily. I had terrible nightmares. I wandered around life a like a desolate zombie, unable to bond with the same people I knew so closely before. I broke up with the only girl I loved, because it was like I didn't know her anymore. I had loss the one element in life that humanity needs to survive - and that was emotion. I had had enough of it. I went into my dad's room and loaded up his 9mm and cocked it. I didn't even write a note or anything. I was ready to die. It was then that I realized I would have put the same damn thing I was experiencing and injected it into my father tenfold. I put the gun down and just dealt with my depression.

I never saw a psychiatrist or anything like that. The only thing that helped was time. I became somewhat of an alcoholic and still kind of have a drinking problem. I am better and being with people now, but I still feel distant and alone towards everybody. It's getting alot better though, thanks to people I have met and the care of my family and friends.

You guys can flame me all you want, as I know the pit is known for it's apathy. But for all you guys out there that think there's no way out, there isn't. Just try to put yourself out there with someone, as you might not know who your saviour may be. For me, it was the gal I ended it with. I came back to her with nothing and she brought me back up to some sort of human being. Time can heal as well. Just be strong and fight your demons with the constitution and vitality of your own will. Find something that you can express your inner feelings with, whether that be writing, playing music, or even getting into film. Anything that can be an outlet for expression can help leaps and bounds. After my mom's death, I became flooded with literature. Anything worth reading I got my hands on and began to explore the depths of the mind and emotion. It can help you understand that **** that is going around you.

Anyone having problems like this, don't be afraid to PM me. I'd be glad to help you out. It would humble me to improve your situation.

cheers.

Awesome post, thanks. Good to hear from someone that gets it.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Yeah. I don't have the balls to do it, though. That and I love breathing. Breathing is kickass, amiright?

lawlz. agreed
well i said no

cos i have never really thought about it

i have however had bad nightmares where stuffs happend. but thats dreams so nah never been that down
Page 1 of 2