Hey guys, I saw Paul Gilbert with it in Guitar World this month and my question is: Where can I get one? Or are they just a custom thing Ibanez did for him?
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Epicly expensive. Limited Production. Good luck finding/affording one.
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
Quote by Thrasher51
Hey guys, I saw Paul Gilbert with it in Guitar World this month and my question is: Where can I get one? Or are they just a custom thing Ibanez did for him?

Firstly, a reversed Iceman would be a Fireman. Second, his is custom, but Ibanez decided to do a small run of them. And by small, I mean SMAAAALL. I think 57 in total. They'll be close to $10k. However, you get the same headphones he has, as well!
Thanks. It crushed my heart but I needed to hear it.
Sorry for your loss. So many people on UG would love to get their hands on one. WE ought to unite and force ibanez to make more/ affordable firemans!
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
We should indeed. Online petition, anyone?
Quote by shredfest116
Sorry for your loss. So many people on UG would love to get their hands on one. WE ought to unite and force ibanez to make more/ affordable firemans!

You'd have more luck with Kurt from Rondo, I think. Ibanez won't even go the extra mile to keep a player like Rustey Cooley in their artist list, let alone make a unique guitar cheaply and easily available to just about everyone.

They're not Dean.

Edit: Wait, I shouldn't have drawn upon the Cooley-Ibanez-Dean affair, because I contradict myself now! Aw well.
Last edited by Y00p at Feb 12, 2009,
If you are left handed you can buy normal iceman then re-string it and turn it over
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
Its called the fireman and it just came out at NAMM this year I think but yeah its like 9 grand so good luck.

EDIT: I mean the production model was just released
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Y00p
However, you get the same headphones he has, as well!

What?!

I must get a Fireman now! Those headphones are the bomb! !
You could probably get someone to custom build you a Fireman for cheaper...just saying ^^
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Build One Yourself!!
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
Quote by SpellCaster
If you are left handed you can buy normal iceman then re-string it and turn it over

Wrong. It'd be missing a cutaway then. and it needs that cutaway for the higher frets to be accessed.
Well, to slightly ease the pain, 9333,32$ is the list price; street will be several thousand lower.

Production of the SSS version will be limited to 45 and there is a Japan-only run of the HH version, consisting of only 5.

Also, it comes with some cool PG goodies like a nice strap, a coil cable, extreme isolation headphones and a certificate signed by Paul.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Feb 13, 2009,
Firemans and PGM200 (the light blue ones with pink f-holes and three pickups) affordable models would be awesome
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Well, to slightly ease the pain, 9333,32$ is the list price; street will be several thousand lower.

Production of the SSS version will be limited to 45 and there is a Japan-only run of the HH version, consisting of only 5.

Also, it comes with some cool PG goodies like a nice strap, a coil cable, extreme isolation headphones and a certificate signed by Paul.

Leave it to Bonsai to sum up any and all Paul Gilbert information.
On the Fireman a large factor for the high price and it's a limited run is that it is build out of Korina wood.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by Y00p
Leave it to Bonsai to sum up any and all Paul Gilbert information.

Quote by helsinki_vampir
On the Fireman a large factor for the high price and it's a limited run is that it is build out of Korina wood.

Korina isnt that expensive :X
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by Snapple
Korina isnt that expensive :X

Ibanez had to outsource the work to a small custom shop (the same one that did the Joe Satriani Black Dog) because they couldn't use Korina in their own factory, apparently.
You want a Fireman?
1. Go to the GB&C Forum.
2. Learn about how to make your own guitar.
3. Make said guitar.
~OR~
PM someone like LP Addict or Ormsby (ormsby will be far more expensive though)
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by BD 425
You want a Fireman?
1. Go to the GB&C Forum.
2. Learn about how to make your own guitar.
3. Make said guitar.
~OR~
PM someone like LP Addict or Ormsby (ormsby will be far more expensive though)

Epic builders.

+1 to building it.

I really want a Fireman though!
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Ibanez had to outsource the work to a small custom shop (the same one that did the Joe Satriani Black Dog) because they couldn't use Korina in their own factory, apparently.

Probably because it's toxic to inhale.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Probably because it's toxic to inhale.

I was gonna post this pacman beats me to the punch again
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
God I'm glad there is a thread on this one.....

It's driving me nuts that Ibanez aren't releasing this guitar as normal retail release - I need this fricken guitar, it's awesome....... And not just Pablo plays it (although it certainly does assist). Hell, I don't need the Korina wood (from memory it's the same wood that the original Gibson Flying V's used and as someone has said the fumes are toxic), just slap some basswood on there. I was so disappointed when I saw the NAMM 2009 Ibanez material and saw the re-release of the 100 instead of this machine.

To be honest, I love the Iceman itself. I played the Totman the other day and if it wasn't a signature guitar for a Dragonforce guitar player, I reckon I would be interested in buying it...

However, on topic, I want to protest to Ibanez - make this guitar readily accessible to musicians, rather than only able to be purchased by people with a lot of coin!!!!!!!!
Quote by Bonsaischaap

The Korina used is highly venomous and toxic. They had to work it on a special factory to eliminate any toxin so then they could use the wood to start building it up.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
just build one or get one built..

seriously guys, you're acting like you're walking straight into a door, hitting hard, pushing with all your might, but being totally oblivious to the sign on it that says "pull".
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
all u dudes r fukin' rong, its a customised joby. even search it on youtube!
^Lol wut? Ibanez is producing 50 or so of them. Yeah, its a custom, but its getting released, which is what these guys have said.
superman is killing himself tonight