Im not sure if this is off topic and sorry if it is.
I got a 150 bucks gift card ...and right now i need a amp to plug my mic in for singing live.

what do u guys think
thnx a lot !
No such thing as a good PA for 150 bucks. Sorry.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
yeah, you need a PA, not an amp. you could sing through an amp, but it would sound like ****, and any decent mic is going to have an XLR connector, not a 1/4 inch jack, so you wouldn't be able to plug it straight into an amp.
Quote by strat0blaster
No such thing as a good PA for 150 bucks. Sorry.

there isnt a vocal amp??
I know you usually sing through a PA system but im just looking for an amp (like a guitar amp) but for vocals
Quote by Le_Bunny

everything can go in the pit. quit your whining.

if you need a vocal amp im assuming you sing with a band. you might as well get a small PA. it would cover your vocal needs for about as cheaply as you can with some quality to it and might be usefull to amp up other things at the same time as well in your musical endeavors (tambourine solo anybody?)

edit - a pa is an amp. do you mean you want a combo format amp thats just one piece not colored like a guitar amp? if so than you want a pa. there are manufacturers that make pa's in combo format or you could try a keyboard amp but for price vs. quality its about the same as getting a small standard setup pa system. (spoon solo anybody?)
Last edited by MichaelOfCanton at Feb 13, 2009,
Quote by Alucard II
yeah, you need a PA, not an amp. you could sing through an amp, but it would sound like ****, and any decent mic is going to have an XLR connector, not a 1/4 inch jack, so you wouldn't be able to plug it straight into an amp.

I got a converter to plug into an amp.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
everything can go in the pit. quit your whining.

if you need a vocal amp im assuming you sing with a band. you might as well get a small PA. it would cover your vocal needs for about as cheaply as you can with some quality to it and might be usefull to amp up other things at the same time as well in your musical endeavors (tambourine solo anybody?)

K thnx but what is a good set of speakers and mixer u recommend
say...under 1 K
There's few bass amps that are designed for it.

This one should work:
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Acoustic-AB50-1x10-Bass-Combo-Amplifier?sku=481621

As for the PA, this Carvin would be very good:
https://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=XP880-1502

I've got the mixer with different speakers...it's great. The effects are actually worth using!
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Feb 13, 2009,
Our singer uses a single powered speaker when we practice and of course at gig's he just goes through the house PA. We have used it for some smaller local gigs and whatnot and it cuts through just fine. I'll ask him what kind it is tomorrow and get back to you. I have no idea how much it was but I'd be willing to bet it wasn't near as much as a PA.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Our singer uses a single powered speaker when we practice and of course at gig's he just goes through the house PA. We have used it for some smaller local gigs and whatnot and it cuts through just fine. I'll ask him what kind it is tomorrow and get back to you. I have no idea how much it was but I'd be willing to bet it wasn't near as much as a PA.

Thanks a lot man, I dont know how ull get back to me tho
as for suggestions... its not quite the same as a guitar amp because a guitar amp plays a big role in the tone you end up with. with pa systems the level of quality is just a matter of clarity and power because they're designed to be neutral in sound reproduction. when choosing you only need to consider the power to get the volume you want and the flexibility you want with amount of channels,inputs,controls, and even ease of transportation. obviously theres more variables than that but all the others besides the afformentioned only have a subtle effect in overall sound quality. (dont forget to mic up the bongos)
edit - http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Alesis-Transactive-50-Multipurpose-AmplifierMixer?sku=603229
Last edited by MichaelOfCanton at Feb 13, 2009,
I just got a peavey kb-100.It's a keyboard amp with a xlr input.It should be loud enough for practice but I wouldn't rely on it for a gig.Usually the bar you're playing at will have a house p.a.